Catsailor.com

Is there a site?

Posted By: AWK3

Is there a site? - 08/28/08 01:48 PM

Anyone out there know of a site that has sail dimensions for Hobie's. I have spent a ton of time doing the google thing and can't find a thing. Found plenty of sailmaker sites but no one publishes the numbers.
Posted By: _flatlander_

Re: Is there a site? - 08/28/08 02:17 PM

Pretty sure you didn't miss anything, I've never seen any measurements for any Hobie sails.
Posted By: mmiller

Re: Is there a site? - 08/29/08 12:17 AM

For good reason... dimensions are like the secret sauce.

You can get some basics like luff and approx foot from batten, wire and mast dimensions, but no one publishes actual specs.

Replacement sails are readily available from Hobie Dealers. Class rules require Hobie factory made.
Posted By: Tri_X_Troll

Re: Is there a site? - 08/29/08 03:06 AM

I'm sure some of the after market sail makers have specs. I would suspect that a sail maker can get some pretty good measurements off of a new boat.

The class rules are a wonderful thing, if you're racing.

Of course I have probably just started another battle and people will hate me forever. Whatever.

I bought my sails from a dealer, because I race. The quality is top notch and I haven't seen a knockoff set that can even come close. Though I wouldn't object to a set of knockoffs for leisure sailing. I really hate using my nice new factory sails when I'm taking friends out to goof off and flip.

Then again I could just get the luff repaired on my old sails and buy a spare set of buttons.

</non coherent thoughts>
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums