Catsailor.com

making the H 16 more comfortable?

Posted By: rfarson

making the H 16 more comfortable? - 09/03/08 01:38 PM

I want to buy a Hobie 16. Are there ways to make it more comfortable for sitting or the back? I saw the Sit'n Sail but it looks hard and is kind of pricey.
Are there other altenatives?
Posted By: hobie1616

Re: making the H 16 more comfortable? - 09/03/08 06:01 PM

If you're looking for comfort you should consider a Wave or Getaway.
Posted By: David_Nolte

Re: making the H 16 more comfortable? - 09/09/08 11:59 AM

If you're looking for comfort and the ability to sit up straight, look at cats with wings. That would include the Hobie Getaway, the 18 Turbo and the 17. I actually think the 16 is a very comfortable cat compared to many of the other cats out there. You're not sitting right on a fiberglass hull, you are on the side rail or on a comfortable tramp. Put some carpeting on the side rails to soften them up a bit, that helps alot. There are kits for that in the Hobie catalog. Or just get out on the wire!
Posted By: tx246

Re: making the H 16 more comfortable? - 01/16/09 02:38 AM

I too was in search of more comfort for all day sailing and this is what I came up with. I like it because the back angle is adjustable and the thing will fold flat on the boat while trailering home. Made a huge difference in how my back feels at the end of the day. I have even folded them up on deck while trapping. If you dont want them on, it takes 5 min to take them off.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I have maybe 50 bucks in the whole set up.

Check out this report

http://www.catsailor.com/forums/ubb...;Main=12651&Number=120161#Post120161
Posted By: Skipshot

Re: making the H 16 more comfortable? - 01/27/09 06:41 AM

Sit 'N Sail is out of business. The most comfortable place on a Hobie 16 is out on the trapeze.
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums