Catsailor.com

Beer /Soda Cooler bracket

Posted By: ulianokr

Beer /Soda Cooler bracket - 08/05/09 06:47 PM

Help..... I've got this really great bracket that is attached to the front rail on my Hobie 16 and the dolphin striker. my adult beverage cooler fits into it perfectly... I think it was origianlly designed to hold a battery for a trolling motor... Anyway....... It's rusting out and has come lose of the striker. Anyone know where I can get another. I can't find it in any catalog.
Posted By: abbman

Re: Beer /Soda Cooler bracket - 08/05/09 06:52 PM

Can't you just replace the u brackets that attach to the dolphin striker? They actually made this to hold a cooler. It was called the Cool Cat I think.
Posted By: KentHobie

Re: Beer /Soda Cooler bracket - 08/05/09 09:24 PM

I have been looking for one of these for a long time. I saw one online at Beachcats once, but it was gone as soon as it went up for sale. So if you find one let me know where you found it! Thanks!

Re: Beer /Soda Cooler bracket - 08/05/09 10:20 PM

Kent,

I'm almost positive I have one laying around. I don't think I'm ever going to use it again. When I used it I always thought it was kind of a pain and got in the way. It was nice on the less windy days however. I'll post again if I find it.

Re: Beer /Soda Cooler bracket - 08/07/09 02:34 AM

Kent,

I have the metal frame for the cooler, but I can't find the mounting hardware. If you are still interested email me at hobie16hullflyer (at) yahoo (dot) com. I'll certainly take the lack of hardware into consideration when pricing.
Posted By: Tri_X_Troll

Re: Beer /Soda Cooler bracket - 08/07/09 02:37 AM

I've go one hanging in my shed.

There it is on my boat. The tangled mess has since been cleaned up.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b161/Tri_X_Troll/Boat/DSC01367.jpg

Re: Beer /Soda Cooler bracket - 08/08/09 02:12 PM

Well folks I'm interested in buying one if anyone has it for sale... my email address is KRU518@optonline.net

I'm in CT so bear in mind the postage ... Thanks in advance

Re: Beer /Soda Cooler bracket - 08/19/09 07:09 PM

I'll take it
Posted By: 14TurboRio

Re: Beer /Soda Cooler bracket - 08/24/09 03:07 AM

Hey all,

just wanted to say hello to everyone, been out of sailing for a while and just glad to be back. I have a lot of questions, I look forward to talking with everybody. have a great day
Posted By: lynnylove

Re: Beer /Soda Cooler bracket - 08/05/10 07:30 PM

I just bought my 3rd hobie 16 and it came with this cool cat cooler bracket you discuss. I leave this boat in Kentucky and want to acquire a 2nd bracket/cooler holder for my 16 in washington state. I found this post but not much else on internet for this item - any still for sale or other lead/tips would be welcome!
Posted By: kmboudreaux

Re: Beer /Soda Cooler bracket - 08/11/10 12:54 PM

I make a fiberglass version of this product if anyone is interested, email me for pics. <tiger1047@gmail.com>

Posted By: kmboudreaux

Re: Beer /Soda Cooler bracket - 08/24/10 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by kennyb
I make a fiberglass version of this product if anyone is interested, email me for pics. <tiger1047@gmail.com>

Attached picture KK 2.JPG
Attached picture KK 3.JPG
Attached picture KK 4.JPG
Posted By: orphan

Re: Beer /Soda Cooler bracket - 09/02/10 08:56 PM

check TheBeachcats.com classifieds. some for sale.
Posted By: TheFish

Re: Beer /Soda Cooler bracket - 11/07/10 07:30 PM

does it accommodate any standard-size cooler?
Just bought an older Hobie 16 and will be renovating it next summer, and have been thinking about where to mount a cooler on it. What effect does it have on the aerodynamics in stronger wind?
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums