Catsailor.com

jib traverler

Posted By: rk979

jib traverler - 01/23/03 01:56 PM

I bought a mint 1980 h16 last fall. I want to upgrade the jib traverler system. There seems to be many choices. I dont plan on racing. Any recomendation as to systems and where to prchase?
Posted By: Sunjammers

Re: jib traverler - 01/23/03 03:56 PM

Give us a ring at the shop and we'll try to help you out.

Brad Stephens
www.sunjammers.com
Panama City Beach, FL
Authorized Hobie/Vanguard Dealer
Posted By: CMerrell

Re: jib traverler - 01/24/03 01:12 PM

There are a great variety of jib traveller systems available. Any Hobie dealer can fix you up (some advertise on this site). The Hobie and Murrays catalogs (on line) have pictures of different systems.

Once you remove and throw away the original Seaway traveller car/cleat, you will need (each side) a traveller car, jib sheet cleat (mounted to the traveller car or on a separate swivel base), traveller control line, cheek block, traveller control line cleat and return bungee cord. Probably about $200-250.
Posted By: Jules_topcat

Re: jib traverler - 01/27/03 08:31 AM

Hey mate its simple enough just to repalce or fix the carts but it al really depends on what you are using the boat for eg.
Racing= I would sugest the new cross beems because they are in built and just plane better, this also go for crusing. Can be expensive but worth all of it.
For Fun with family= just go for a basic and cheep method
For scary fun= Just make sure you buy a brand which can hold enough presure for what you are going to do. Mid market
in terms of buying them you can go to your hobie dealer or go to harken or ronstant etc, any of them will give you a hand to get or make one. Well have fun.

Jules
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums