Catsailor.com

HOBIE 16 WINGS INSTALLED!!

Posted By: mrw1

HOBIE 16 WINGS INSTALLED!! - 08/23/03 05:28 PM

I recieved the Sit n Sail wings yesterday.All was well packaged. Awoke this morning anxious to put them on.These are a HIGH QUALITY product which have been WELL THOUGHT OUT.It took approx. 1/2 hour per side to install and thats counting the numerous step back and admire moments.They look great on the boat. They are light weight and appear very sturdy.I climbed aboard and the seating position is great and they are very comfortable when sitting on the tramp and using them as backrests. This company deserves to succeed.This is a great product.
I took a bunch of digitals which I am going to try to upload to the beachcats web site. Hopefully, I will be able to get them up there.I'll put them in the tech section.
The test sail will be tomorrow if I can make the time.

Attached picture 23657-Mvc-013s.jpg
Posted By: sail-s

Re: HOBIE 16 WINGS INSTALLED!! - 08/29/03 01:33 AM

How do you contact the company? Company name, address, phone number, email, website, etc. How much did the seats cost?
Posted By: Damon Linkous

Re: HOBIE 16 WINGS INSTALLED!! - 08/29/03 02:59 AM

Until Sit n Sail gets their website done, you can read the full story and see pictures here.
Sit n Sail Hobie 16 Catamaran Wings

More pictures of the wings installed.
Posted By: Dan Berger

Re: HOBIE 16 WINGS INSTALLED!! - 09/02/03 03:15 PM

OK, so I like the way they connect and they look like they are sturdy and at the right angle, but they have so many sharp corners and the seats look REALLY hard? How do they feel?? Could anything be done about the corners?? Just wondering..
Posted By: Damon Linkous

Re: HOBIE 16 WINGS INSTALLED!! - 11/14/03 08:05 AM

Dan,

If you want something more rounded, how 'bout these?
Do-it-yourself Trap Seats for Hobie 16
Posted By: mrw1

Re: HOBIE 16 WINGS INSTALLED!! - 11/14/03 06:44 PM

I don't think the corners can be modified. The seats are made of a solid material however, I (and I have a rather bony a**) find them very comfortable. I have spent 8 hours on them with no complaints.They also make a great back rest while just kicking back.
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums