Catsailor.com

Where to find used parts?

Posted By: Wrinkledpants

Where to find used parts? - 08/26/03 03:23 AM

Hi all. After thinking hard about it, i am sticking with the 16. Easy to single hand and still blazing fast. Now i am stuck with a second problem. Where can i find used parts to fix my busted up hobie? I specifically need the whole rudder assembly and the cross bar. I would like to find upper rudder castings with the adjustment on the top. Does anyone know of a good site for used parts? Thanks everone and happy sailing!!

Reid Rechel
3/4 of an h16
Duluth Mn
Lake superior
Posted By: jmhoying

Re: Where to find used parts? - 08/26/03 04:07 PM

Reid,
If you need tramp frame corner castings, let me know. I have a nice set available.
Jack Hoying
jmhoying@adelphia.net
Fort Loramie, Ohio
Posted By: Dan Berger

Re: Where to find used parts? - 08/26/03 08:13 PM

Reid,

I have a ton of steering stuff, including fiberglass rudders and adjustable upper castings.

Danberger@mindspring.com

Posted By: Jules_topcat

Re: Where to find used parts? - 08/27/03 10:38 AM

Mate all i can say is possession is 99% of the law

If you see a part you like take it. Nah the best thing to do is actually talk to your hobie dealer because he will definately have the bit and if he doesn't he cant get it. They talk to all hobie dealers around and they have the bits so talk to them.

From Julian
Posted By: Clayton

Re: Where to find used parts? - 08/27/03 09:45 PM

If you can't find them independently, try mark Michaelson @ Sailing Pro Shop. I've purchased used parts before, and I found the prices fair.

C.D.
Posted By: Wrinkledpants

Re: Where to find used parts? - 08/28/03 05:10 AM

So here is my problem....i have two junked hulls and all corner castings are broke in several pieces. The mast has a very slight bow to it but still definitly usable. Should i try selling my remaining parts and look for a different boat or should i try to find hulls somewhere? Most if not all rigging is new or close to it. I don't know how feasible it is to find a hull set for a feasible price. Also, if anyone is curious to what the inside of their hulls look like, i can post a couple of pictures since my hull snapped right in front of the pylon. Apparently, my hobie cartwheeled across a rode, over a car, and into a telephone pole. The ladies roof on her car was caved in and had to be towed :0 A guy down here offered me his setup without a mast (was stolen) for $400. the one hull has a really soft spot in fron of pylan though. The area is about a foot long i think. Is this worth getting into? It's a '79. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all and happy sailing!!

Reid Rechel
R.I.P Wet Willy
Posted By: Jules_topcat

Re: Where to find used parts? - 08/28/03 08:34 AM

To be honest if all your gear is like that i think a NEW BOAT sounds an order unless your a very very good fibure glasser!! Your hulls seem to have been broken so bad they aren't recoverable but thats the same deal with the rest of the gear.

If you go for a newer boat you will sit higher out of the water and go alot quicker. If you brake something you have you old boat for bits and peices.

This is just my advice but i think its the best way to go. Have fun and get on the water and sail fast again!!

From Julian
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums