Catsailor.com

77' H16 trouble.

Posted By: ebclark_H16

77' H16 trouble. - 09/01/03 07:48 PM

About 2 weeks ago I stumbled on a 77' H16 that I could obtain for FREE!@# I had a little sunfish when I was 12 or so and have only been out of a cat twice but I figured I could figure out how to setup this thing in no time and get it going. Of course at this time I didn't even know what kind of boat it was.
I now have it in in a "sailable" condition and took it out in the ocean for the first time this last weekend. It was a blast and the boat went plenty fast but I quickly realized this old boat has alot more potential. The previous owner use to race it and there was alot of stuff I removed to make my first trip a little simpler. I was wondering if anyone knew of a site or book that would help a beginner like myself figure out what all these funny wires do and maybe even what they're called.
Posted By: Sycho15

Re: 77' H16 trouble. - 09/01/03 07:50 PM

"Catamaran Sailing, From Start to Finish" by Phil Berman.
"Catamaran Racing" by Phil Berman

Both of these are available at my local Library....
Posted By: Philthy

Re: 77' H16 trouble. - 09/02/03 02:31 AM

For a startout book Phil Bermans "cat sailing from start to finish" is good.
Better still especially if you want to do some racing is "Catamaran racing for the nineties" by Rick White and Mary Wells.
Posted By: Nick

Re: 77' H16 trouble. - 09/02/03 02:04 PM

You should also get an H-16 owner's manual either directly from Hobie or from your local dealer.

Fair winds,
Nick ~ __/)
Posted By: ebclark_H16

Re: 77' H16 trouble. - 09/03/03 02:45 AM

I definately want to race it eventually. I think it might be awhile before that happens though. So far I havn't had any luck with finding these books and I have searched three university libraries. Maybe tomorrow I will see if I can find the city library. Thanks for the help.
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums