Catsailor.com

Unknown rigging

Posted By: yankyfan2000

Unknown rigging - 09/30/03 11:43 PM

Along with a bunch of other stuff that came with my boat, A piece of rigging that is about 20 feet long, came with it. Pretty much half is rope, and the other half is cable. Where the cable meets the rope , there is a series of beeds on the cable spaced out about 2 inches. And there is a pully on the cable, that i think catches on the beads. Does anyone have any idea what it is? I also have another one but it is broken.
Thank you
Posted By: jmhoying

Re: Unknown rigging - 10/01/03 04:08 AM

Sounds like it might be a discard from another boat, or maybe someones custom rigging?? I've never seen anything like that in the Hobie catalog.
Jack
Posted By: yankyfan2000

Re: Unknown rigging - 10/01/03 08:07 PM

ya it must be, I also have a pully set up that had what i think is called a fiddle block on the bottom with a jam cleat, o dont see what it can be used for becuase it is rigged differently then the one on my boat. Any idea what its for?
Posted By: NZhobie

Re: Unknown rigging - 10/07/03 01:37 AM

Hi, I recently bought a H14 turbo with a similar line with it. I worked out that it was to help step the mast single-handed and actually replaced the standard front rigging. Mine has a long rope with a block pulley attached and if you pin the mast with the mast stepping set-up, in therory you should be able to raise the mast yourself, while standing at the front of the boat. I tried it on a still day and it did not go too well as you have no control over the mast from swinging from side to side! I don't step the mast that way now!!

The rope is attached to the top of the jib via a pulley.

Well, thats what my one has got... a consideration for you as to what it maybe anyway.
Posted By: prindlesnark

Re: Unknown rigging - 10/16/03 08:03 PM

Yes I have seen those aftermarket to "help" to step the mast solo. Good luck
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums