Catsailor.com

Stolen Sails, Help!

Posted By: sail-s

Stolen Sails, Help! - 08/24/01 10:50 PM

In Coeur d’ Alene yesterday a new sailor had his H16 sail stolen (main and jib), along with his boom, downhaul, and main sheet. His sails were very old (late 1970’s) as was his mainsheet blocks. We are trying to find someone with an old set of sails, as this sailor does not have the money to replace them at this time and sails, etc. in almost any shape would be better than nothing for him. Any donations would be greatly appreciated!
<br>
<br>Thanks.<br><br>

Attached File
1937-  (38 downloads)
Posted By: pschmalz

Re: Stolen Sails, Help! - 08/25/01 01:38 AM

I've got a shagged-out but servicable set (no battens, no blocks) that I'll donate if you can figure out how to ship them. They're in Reno NV.
<br>
<br>Pete<br><br>

Attached File
1940-  (35 downloads)
Posted By: Hobie Dave

Re: Stolen Sails, Help! - 08/27/01 11:33 AM

I have some spare parts; my boat is trashed (both pontoons). I am looking to buy another boat, and after I do, I would be willing to help. If you would, drop me an email: evtwilliams@hotmail.com
<br>
<br>Personally, I think we should do a man hunt and drown the thief...!
<br>
<br><br><br>

Attached File
1973-  (37 downloads)

Re: Stolen Sails, Help! - 08/28/01 07:51 PM

Thanks for the offers Hobie Dave and pschmalz. I have passed the information on to the guy who got his sails stolen and he will be contacting you all in this thread soon. Thanks so much for your generosity as I know he really really appreciates it<br><br>

Attached File
2047-  (37 downloads)
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Stolen Sails, Help! - 08/31/01 03:56 AM

I've got an old set of blocks and a boom I would donate to the cause if you paid shipping, just need to know where to ship.
<br>Tim<br><br>

Attached File
2153-  (39 downloads)

Re: Stolen Sails, Help! - 08/31/01 01:46 PM

Thanks you all for your offers and I have let the guy who got his sails stolen know about your offers, he is very excited that he will have sails, etc. again. I have told him to come to this forum and leave a message and email each one of you. Once again thanks so much!<br><br>

Attached File
2167-  (36 downloads)
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums