Catsailor.com

Hobie 14 Frostbite Regatta

Posted By: rhodysail

Hobie 14 Frostbite Regatta - 12/18/03 08:35 PM

February 22 is the Sail Newport Winterfest Regatta, in Newport RI, for Hobie 14’s, Lasers, Ynglings and N10’s.
The Hobie 14 fleet also races on Saturday so come down and sail both days.
(Be sure to confirm, last year had to be postponed at the last minute due to weather)
Posted By: Bob_Curry

Re: Hobie 14 Frostbite Regatta - 12/19/03 04:48 PM

Are any of those brave sailors going to make the trip south to join us at the MidWinters East? Last year I was the only 14 and hopped on a 17 to sail with others. Run what you brung! Cmon down!!

Bob
Posted By: h16bill

Re: Hobie 14 Frostbite Regatta - 12/20/03 02:49 PM

Bob,

I'm planning on bringing my 16 again. I qualified for the worlds and after the long winter I will need as much practice as I can get. I am trying to get some more 16's to show up before the event for some race training. Why don't you come up for the regatta in RI? We missed you in Rehobeth.

cheers
Bill
Posted By: Bob_Curry

Re: Hobie 14 Frostbite Regatta - 12/21/03 05:22 AM

We'll see. I have one of my 14s for sale if you know of anyone desiring a fast rig:

1985 Hobie 14 complete. Tan hulls(red line), black mesh tramp, 4" port holes, yellow 6 batten sail, all-metal mast, no trailer. $900.00 firm. Panhandle of Florida.

sailbobcat@aol.com

If you could add that to any of your classifieds up north I would appreciate it!!

Thanx!

Bob
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums