Catsailor.com

Hobie Cat 16 lift points? Help!

Posted By: Miles

Hobie Cat 16 lift points? Help! - 07/10/05 09:00 PM

Anyone know the "official" lift points on my 16 ft Hobie Cat?
I need to lift it up straight out of the water next to a pier and don't want to damage the boat in the lift.
Regards-
Dave
Posted By: mbounds

Re: Hobie Cat 16 lift points? Help! - 07/11/05 02:00 AM

There aren't any official "lift points" on a 16.

The fore and aft balance point is right about at the shroud anchors on the hull.

You can support it anywhere along the length of the hull. I hoist mine to the ceiling of my garage using clips that go underneath the deck lip. The rear ones go at the rear crossbar; the fronts go about halfway from the front crossbar to the bow. That pretty much spreads the loading out evenly on the lift lines.
Posted By: aaronhoy

Re: Hobie Cat 16 lift points? Help! - 07/11/05 01:11 PM

considering the ammount of stress that goes on the boat sometimes, I would imagine it's ok to lift it from just about anywhere as long as whatever you're lifting it from doesn't rip off or something. I dont know a whole lot about lifting boats out of the water, but the ones I have seen have 2 hooks for the back and one for the front. In this case you could probably hook one to the joint on the front where the front cable stay branches to the hull tips, and then the two back ones to the back part of the frame or something back there. Both of those places are definately capable of supporting the boat's weight anyway.

Re: Hobie Cat 16 lift points? Help! - 07/11/05 11:29 PM

Thanks embound! Appreciate your reply!
Dave

Re: Hobie Cat 16 lift points? Help! - 07/11/05 11:31 PM

Thanks aaronboy! I agree.
Dave
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums