Catsailor.com

Spinnaker Setup on H16

Posted By: Anonymous

Spinnaker Setup on H16 - 08/10/06 02:28 AM

Hi!

When I bought my Hobie 16 a year ago a spinnaker was included with the sale. Unfortunately I can only guess which way it attaches to the boat. I have pulleys on my boat near the end mounted horizontally to the water (out of both sides). I also have one above where the jib connects on the mast. A pole was provided that appears to connect at the front a little below the mast and reach forward under the jib. It also has a pulley on the end. I don't seem to have any rope to connect the sail so that also poses a problem.

Does anyone know what my setup might be? I’ll need to buy some rope before I can test anything however I am hesitant to purchase anything before I know how the spinnaker will attach and how to control the thing.

Any guidance would be welcome. That is if you can even understand my rotten explanation. If you need any more information let me know. Thanks a bunch!

--Dave
Posted By: Captain_Dave

Re: Spinnaker Setup on H16 - 08/11/06 02:51 PM

Dave,

This link will solve your troubles I think. It is the HobieCat product support page. Scroll down to "Sails" and then click on the "spinnaker" links. http://www.hobiecat.com/support/index.html

Dave
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Spinnaker Setup on H16 - 08/12/06 09:01 PM

This is perfect; exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

--Dave
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums