Catsailor.com

Easter regatta

Posted By: dkd

Easter regatta - 01/18/07 12:05 AM

[color:"blue"] [/color]

For those of you still thinking about where to go for your Easter sailing or your fav venue is lacking that essential element...Water, think about coming to join us at the home of one of the largest fleets of Mosquito cats in the country (or the city for that matter)

Lake Bonney is again hosting what will be it's 60th something annual Easter Regatta and with several other classes holding State Titles, the usual mixture of multis and mono's..... we look set for a good roll up

Lake Bonney is located just over the SA border on the way from Mildura to Adelaide....or just before if you are coming from Adelaide.....nestled in the Riverland of SA and the centre of Aust's wine producing industry.

It looks like being a good regatta as usual and we look forward to seeing you all there.
Posted By: angrydragon1676

Re: Easter regatta - 01/21/07 03:39 AM

Will all of the local Mosquitos be sailing?
Posted By: mattaipan

Re: Easter regatta - 01/21/07 05:49 AM

Are there any other regattas on before Easter? Without stealing Lake Bonney thunder are there any other Easter Regattas on? The what was Lake Bolac Easter Regatta I would say won't be held again this year (low water) and they tried moving it to Camperdowns, Lake Bullen Merri, but it was a bit of a flop last year, and haven't heard if its on again there this year.

The good news is we have measured 58mm or 232pts in the last three days, and I heard of more in other areas of the state, this could be the year, although I won't go as far as to say the drought has broken just yet, a lot of old timers say this year will be a wet one, heres hoping.

Regards
Posted By: Tim_Mozzie

Re: Easter regatta - 01/21/07 09:27 AM

Six regattas listed before Easter (excluding the VIC states) on the VMCA site.
Posted By: Sixth Element

Re: Easter regatta - 01/25/07 11:18 AM

to reply to angrydragon. yes all bar maybe one local boats will be sailing at easter but that will still be 8 local mossies on the water.
Posted By: Andrew_d

Re: Easter regatta - 03/14/07 10:50 AM

With Easter just around the corner, its time to blow the dust off the tent and plan for the next long weekend. Lake Bonney Yacht Club is planning a 5 race regatta over Saturday 7th and Sunday 8th April, with a Presentation dinner on the Sunday evening. Given the successful opening day we hosted, we look forward to catching up with as many sailors as can make the trip. We will have our usual 8 or 9 mozzies on the water, and all visitors are most welcome. We have plenty of water, lawn to the beach and ample wind. Just ask the Paper Tiger State Title boys who got blown around in 25knts last weekend!

Looking forward to seeing you all again

Andrew
Posted By: Darryn

Re: Easter regatta - 03/15/07 11:14 PM

I have booked my tent site, see you all there,

Darryn
Posted By: Tim_Mozzie

Re: Easter regatta - 03/18/07 10:13 AM

There is also the Easter regatta at Gippsland Lakes YC (Paynesville). 3.5 hour's drive from the centre of Melbourne.

Saturday is the round Raymond Island race (2pm), which usually takes 1hr to 1.5 hrs for a mosquito. Sunday and Monday have two back-to-back races on each day.

The notice of race is here.
Posted By: Sixth Element

Re: Easter regatta - 03/19/07 10:38 AM

good to hear ull be coming up to join us darryn. hopefully some of the other adel boats will come join us as well. looking forward to a good weekend of sailing.
Posted By: wildtoy

Re: Easter regatta - 03/19/07 07:12 PM

Unfortunately the only regatta we have in nsw is a cruising multihull regatta with some of the quickest offshore multi's racing.
Everyone at the club areneeded to help out with this regatta, be it on the rescue boat or actually sailing on a boat.
So unfortunately Im going to have to miss this easters otb regatta.
Hope everyone has a good time racing.
Cheers
William
nswmossie.com 1635
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums