Catsailor.com

Rules website

Posted By: Tim_Mozzie

Rules website - 10/17/08 05:52 AM

For anyone interested in brushing up on the rules before we get too far into the season, this looks like a good website. It has animations of lots of scenarios and when you've had a guess at the answer it explains the rules that apply. Neat! I've learned something already!

Play the Rules

I found this link on the Mannering Park YC web site.

Posted By: Karl69

Re: Rules website - 10/17/08 07:19 AM

G,day Tim
I totally agree, easy and fun to use especially for novices [ like me ] right through to experienced sailors. Can easily be found on the Mannering Park YC home pg. Worth adding it to your favourites

Re: Rules website - 11/19/08 10:48 AM

G,day all
The link for the rules game is working again and can be easily accessed through Tim’s original post or found on the Mannering Park YC home page.

Posted By: ncik

Re: Rules website - 11/19/08 12:37 PM

Remember that it is explaining the current rules which will be out of date on January 1st 2009. Read the sailing instructions for any regattas around that time to find out which set of rules are in place for the regatta.

Re: Rules website - 11/19/08 01:52 PM

Thanks Nick
Just when i think I am starting to know the rules they change them.
PS. Any body know what the main changes will be??? confused confused
Posted By: ncik

Re: Rules website - 11/19/08 11:41 PM

Nothing major from the reports I've seen. Mainly the number of boat lengths zone coming into marks, I think it is three by default now. It would be good to extend this to 4 boat lengths for fast cats, which can be done in the sailing instructions.
Posted By: dkd

Re: Rules website - 11/20/08 12:09 PM

It appears that the over lap rule is to extended to three boat lengths....hmmm....good or bad is a personal opinion but sur makes mark rounding a procession....where the hell has the fun gone?????
Anyway, these decisions have been made by someone supposedly smarter than us mere mortals...

Enjoy them, they are what we have to work with...so enjoy them, learn them and race with them..

david
Mossie 1744
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums