Catsailor.com

Mossies Wanted to Buy.

Posted By: Anonymous

Mossies Wanted to Buy. - 04/15/09 10:30 AM

Hi all,

I am currently boat less, looking to buy a Mossie. Needs to be from Denholm (Faye or Boyer built)or Trewin moulds. Not worried about rig and sails type or condition only the hulls matter, of course it needs to be minimum weight or less. Don't need a trailer as I have one. If you know of anything that might suit let me know, happy to aproach owners if they are to slack to advertise For Sale.

Also have other people in the area interested in buying a good boat in the $2,000. to $3,000. range. They must be out there please help me find them and get more Mossies on the water.
Posted By: First_Try

Re: Mossies Wanted to Buy. - 04/15/09 10:33 AM

Gary
Hexam is for sale, Boyer Double Kevlar

Peter

Re: Mossies Wanted to Buy. - 04/16/09 06:35 AM

Hi Peter,

I have already spoken to Andrew, at the Gippsland interclub regatta. Asked him to give me a price that he is looking for, never got a reply.
Posted By: Matt_Stone

Re: Mossies Wanted to Buy. - 04/16/09 07:51 AM

ok peoples,

The Tiger is for sale
1705, boyer hulls, double kevlar, weighs 58 kg, has measurement cert,
Comes with :

1x Goodal Sail,
1x Heavy Walled Mast
all new wires and ropes
Spinikar (Irwin) and the gear to with it
Tramp in good condition
Boyer rudders with alloy rudder stocks
Self loading road trailer with coffin
beach rollers

Very Competitive boat
All this for the price $5,500

Call Matt On 0438222262 or on 59838512

Recent Results:

6th vic state titles 2009
8th Nationals 2008 - 2009
4th Vic spin states 2008
Club champion 2008
1st at 2007 sauna sail
4th 2008 sauna sail
Visit somers yc website for more results

Posted By: greymatter

Re: Mossies Wanted to Buy. - 04/16/09 10:56 AM

which Hexam is for sale the Boyer mold or the Denholm mold, boat? either are well looked after boats.
Also just noticed that the boat Peter Cobden had for sale is no longer for sale.
Posted By: Trevor

Re: Mossies Wanted to Buy. - 04/16/09 12:30 PM

More boats up for sale than we know what to do with them...

Another Toy is also for sale: shocked

Sail Number 321
Minimum Weight - 65 Kg (Heavy Weight Division) National Champ 07/08 wink
Boyer Radial Sloop cut main only a couple of easy seasons old
A selection of fine jibs
Registered trailer with large coffin
Old section mast
Numerous sets of boards and rudders
2 pack epoxy paint - story on this forum
All fittings, blocks, sheets etc in good nick - The Toy has been lovingly looked after and is a good honest club boat.

All that for a measly $1600 - PM me. smile
Posted By: Darryn

Re: Mossies Wanted to Buy. - 04/16/09 11:54 PM

Foils and sail are worth more then the buy it now price on this one.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Mosquito-Catamaran_W0QQitemZ170321970425QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Boats?hash=item170321970425&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A1|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Darryn
Posted By: First_Try

Re: Mossies Wanted to Buy. - 04/17/09 02:24 AM

Lotty,

Both my boat and the spare new hulls have been sold, both will be sailing on the bay. First time I havn't had a Mossie in the shed for about 18 years.
We are talking about doing another run of hulls this winter.
Peter
Posted By: furr_ball

Re: Mossies Wanted to Buy. - 04/17/09 03:53 AM

And another on ebay but here in Qld.

Sloop rig #1591 Double Trouble.

Looks good enough.

Anyone know the history?

I am tempted to buy it anyway, although my other half would shoot me.

Re: Mossies Wanted to Buy. - 04/17/09 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by greymatter
which Hexam is for sale the Boyer mold or the Denholm mold, boat? either are well looked after boats.
Also just noticed that the boat Peter Cobden had for sale is no longer for sale.

Hi Rob,

the boyer with damaged tramp track. But it is not really For Sale until he gives a price.
Posted By: Andrew DeLaine

Re: Mossies Wanted to Buy. - 04/18/09 08:38 AM

Hi all

I might reluctantly consider selling my mozzie, "Go Nads" due to significant lack of use.
Sail#1734 2 mains, 2 jibs
Lane hulls, ply with Int. Paint 2 pak Perfection finish. Exc condition, dry, platform weight 59Kg
Rigging for MkI & MkII
Many $$ spent on mainsheet system, dynex trap wires, rudder lock-downs, adjustable spreaders, new shrouds etc.etc
Good trailer, alloy rims, new tyres.
More details for anyone interested, Price negotiable. Can deliver to Adelaide or surrounds.
Regretfully
Andrew
Posted By: Peter_Foulsum

Re: Mossies Wanted to Buy. - 04/19/09 10:21 AM

Trevor,

Is it true that you have bought Mozzie 1805 (Try Hard) ? The Port Melbourne Y.C. droughtbuster regatta results indicate that you were skippering. cool Now you won't have to try so hard for good results. grin

Drought buster regatta results

Regards,

Peter

Posted By: Trevor

Re: Mossies Wanted to Buy. - 04/19/09 12:47 PM

Hi Pete,

Certainly is true - And what a difference there is, it accelerates, turns, tacks, blah blah etc. Fantastic!

I should have got a prize at the end for the biggest grin over the weekend.

Only have to sort out a trailer and look out for the next 'Toy' at the Sauna Sail...

Trevor

Re: Mossies Wanted to Buy. - 04/20/09 09:38 AM

Trevor there is a trailer for sale on the vic mossie web site at $600. cheaper than building one.
Are you still sailing at Sugar Loaf or have you joined a bay club?
See you at Sauna Sail.
Posted By: Simon C

Re: Mossies Wanted to Buy. - 04/20/09 10:13 AM

Hey Matt,

With the Tiger up for sale, what are you sailing when it's gone?

Trevor, If you're thinking of joining a bay club I know one that has lots of cats but not enough Mozzies. laugh

Cheers

Re: Mossies Wanted to Buy. - 04/21/09 07:04 AM

Gary you could ring Jon Gymer and find out how much it cost to get his tramp track repaired.
He had his tramp track repaired recently, you could find out how much it cost him before buying the boat, his boat is a boyer as well.
Posted By: akkll

Re: Mossies Wanted to Buy. - 04/21/09 07:58 AM

hi matt, is the boat still for sale...is there any chance you could email me a couple of photos if it is...
cheers
andrew

Re: Mossies Wanted to Buy. - 04/21/09 08:13 AM

Hi Andrew

Yes the boat is for sale, ill send some photos on friday, the boat is currently at the yc for one last race for the season on sat, depends where you are in the world you can come to somers yc for a look on Saturday or a sail, but i will send photos on friday,
but i need an email address.
cheers matt

Simon

its a secret hehehehe

Re: Mossies Wanted to Buy. - 04/21/09 08:26 AM

A secret eh?

I reckon I can work it out from the available "evidence" but your secret is safe with me wink

Cheers

Re: Mossies Wanted to Buy. - 04/21/09 08:36 AM

Gary you could ring Jon Gymer and find out how much it cost to get his tramp track repaired.
He had his tramp track repaired recently, you could find out how much it cost him before buying the boat, his boat is a boyer as well.

Hi Rob,

I am not looking to buy the Boyer with damaged track (I have beaten my head against the old shape brick wall before frown ) , a local is and he has skills to fix it himself. But it won't happen if he Andrew C doesn't contact with a price.
Posted By: akkll

Re: Mossies Wanted to Buy. - 04/21/09 08:40 AM

hi matt,
the email address is akkll@optusnet.com.au
is it set up for a sloop rig or just one up
cheers
andrew

Re: Mossies Wanted to Buy. - 04/22/09 07:05 AM

Andrew

Its set up as a cat rig, i have no gear for sloop, since its been in my hands its been cat, but some point in its life it has been sloop

Matt
Posted By: geoffman

Re: Mossies Wanted to Buy. - 04/23/09 09:01 AM

hi guys,
I am currently in the market for a mossie- depending on how my ebay bids go, I will either have 1591 by sunday or will be looking for something else. I am located far`north NSW, so would likley get involved with SE qld sailing sometimes, and race in Ballina on others.My background is in monos- FDs contenders 470s FFs and even International canoe- but I am looking forward to a new experience with 2 hulls- Mossies are rather tornado like, so they look like a boat should..... What boats are around and on the market in the northern half of Oz?
geoff

Re: Mossies Wanted to Buy. - 04/24/09 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by twicebitten
Hi all,

I am currently boat less, looking to buy a Mossie. Needs to be from Denholm (Faye or Boyer built)or Trewin moulds. Not worried about rig and sails type or condition only the hulls matter, of course it needs to be minimum weight or less. Don't need a trailer as I have one. If you know of anything that might suit let me know, happy to aproach owners if they are to slack to advertise For Sale.

Also have other people in the area interested in buying a good boat in the $2,000. to $3,000. range. They must be out there please help me find them and get more Mossies on the water.

Hi All,

as much as I hate to get this thread back on topic. wink

Just thought I would let you know I am no longer looking for Mossies. whistle

Re: Mossies Wanted to Buy. - 04/24/09 11:59 AM

Gary,

Does that mean you got one or are you f16-ing again?

Cheers

Re: Mossies Wanted to Buy. - 04/26/09 06:39 AM

Chris Burgess boat 1557 Amos Keeto, could be available to. Dont know a price, but you could try to get in touch with him. I think it is a frank knott foam sandwich boat.

Re: Mossies Wanted to Buy. - 04/26/09 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by Anopheles_11
Gary,

Does that mean you got one or are you f16-ing again?

Cheers

Not F16ing again, way to light for that. Have found a couple of Mossies have to pick them up yet though.

Re: Mossies Wanted to Buy. - 04/26/09 08:27 AM

Chris Burgess boat 1557 Amos Keeto, could be available to. Dont know a price, but you could try to get in touch with him. I think it is a frank knott foam sandwich boat.

thanks Robb,

could be a option for one of the locals. Might see if Tim has any contact details.
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums