Catsailor.com

Measurement Day at Sauna sail

Posted By: air_apparent

Measurement Day at Sauna sail - 05/09/09 12:17 PM

I am hoping to arrange some measurments of boats attending this years sauna sail.. boats will be measured and certificate of compliance issued.. hopefully I can create a current list of measured boats and record of measurments taken. Only hulls and rigging will be measured,, there is a mesurement form on the national site if you like you can down load this and start check your boat.. save any problems latter. see you there.
Posted By: Tim_Mozzie

Re: Measurement Day at Sauna sail - 05/09/09 12:38 PM

Good timing Gordon - I need my boat measured. I will be there!

There is already a list of current measured boats on the NMCCA website here:

Measurement Certificate Register

As you can see it's a surprisingly short list. Anyone who has a Measurement Certificate for their boat can send me a copy to get their boat added to the list.

At the Nationals coming up at the end of the year at Mannering Park NSW, entries will only be accepted from boats on this list, so anyone that doesn't have a measurement certificate needs to get one.

Posted By: greymatter

Re: Measurement Day at Sauna sail - 05/09/09 09:46 PM

I have a copy of the messurment form from 1413 at home was measured in 1982 by Ian Maddison
Frank Nott, foam sandwich hulls.
If that helps your list, can bring it along to Suna Sail.

Re: Measurement Day at Sauna sail - 05/09/09 10:41 PM

Although there is no specific time-limit on Measurement Certificates, boats do need to be re-measured if any changes that might affect the measurements have been made (like re-beaming or a new mast/boom).

I think it's safe to assume 1413 might have had some maintenance by now so I don't think it can be added to the list - do you know if it still exists?

The important ones to get listed are the currently active racing Mosquitoes.

Posted By: greymatter

Re: Measurement Day at Sauna sail - 05/09/09 11:00 PM

Boat does still exist, was recently sold on evil bay. was located not far from your place, in Gippsland.
I showed my Dad the photo of it on ebay, he just laughed and said it looked just the same when he sold it 25 years ago.
http://s673.photobucket.com/albums/...on=view&current=1413lottsofluck2.jpg

But yes you are right something would have to of been changed in that time.
Posted By: Matt_Stone

Re: Measurement Day at Sauna sail - 05/10/09 01:51 AM

the tiger has a measurement cert,

i can bring it to sauna sail.

but you can check it again i dont mind

Matt

Re: Measurement Day at Sauna sail - 05/10/09 07:05 AM

Yes, bring it along Matt. We'll get your boat listed.

Any chance you'll have those spreaders ready then?

Re: Measurement Day at Sauna sail - 05/10/09 07:07 AM

not far from your place

About two houses away! The new owner wanted a Tuning Guide but I don't have the contact details.
Posted By: Matt_Stone

Re: Measurement Day at Sauna sail - 05/10/09 07:34 AM

yes spreaders will be tim,
Matt

Posted By: Peter_Foulsum

Re: Measurement Day at Sauna sail - 06/01/09 11:06 AM

Gordon,

I have filled out most of the registration form ready for official measurement. I recently weighed the old girl with the help of Jeremy Pearse and she comes in at 75.5 kg with the rudder stocks and cross bar removed. cry

I don't think she will be up there as a threat for any titles. laugh

See you at the pondage.

Regards,

Peter
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums