Catsailor.com

mast fittings

Posted By: greymatter

mast fittings - 05/26/09 09:56 AM

hound fittings who is using what type internal, external,
brand?
the ones available through discount sea mart (ronstan) or (riley)look a bit week, but if no one has had a problem with them i will get one.
any pictures would be good.
the picture of the one in the mozzie phot bucket where do they come from?
Posted By: First_Try

Re: mast fittings - 05/26/09 09:36 PM

Hi Lotty,
We have been using the Goodall external hound idt is the same as the Tiapan, reshape to fit a Mossie Mast section
Simple, cheap and strong
Peter
Posted By: Tim_Mozzie

Re: mast fittings - 05/26/09 10:22 PM

AHPC sell external hound fittings, made to fit the Mozzie mast.
Just tell them it's for a Mosquito.
Posted By: dkd

Re: mast fittings - 05/27/09 06:38 AM

Rob,

we use ones similar to what the A's use but I make them. The backing plate is inside the mast and all you see is the "beak" and the rivets, simple, light and very strong.

Can send you more info when i get home if you want, pics etc.

David.
Mossie 1744, Salpicon de Resplandor
Posted By: Matt_Stone

Re: mast fittings - 05/27/09 07:21 AM

hey rob,

i use the ronstan hound with washers welded to ti make it stronger where the shackle goes thru
Posted By: Peter_Foulsum

Re: mast fittings - 05/27/09 09:14 AM

Rob,

The image from the Mozzie Photo Bucket is of my mast when I had it at Hazelwood pondage for the 1st training weekend.
Like everyone has said it was purchased from AHPC. Everything else available at the time was just too small or didn't have the ability to mount the trapeze wires. frown

Regards,

Peter
Posted By: Simon C

Re: mast fittings - 05/27/09 09:53 AM

Rob,

An observation.

My mast has the internal one and it is showing signs of corrosion and pulling through the wall. Maybe this is only a reflection of age or perhaps not enough duralac when it was put on. (when I had the failure of my hook and pully last season there was no evidence of duralac around the fittings) I'm planning to replace it with the AHPC one and or do a new mast, if funds permit, as part of my winter overhauls.

Cheers
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums