Catsailor.com

Mosquito Register - Update

Posted By: Trevor

Mosquito Register - Update - 11/08/09 12:09 PM

Hi All,

I just had a quick look around the websites and only came up with a July 08 register from SA.

Given the fantastic number of boat movements over winter, I think it is time for a serious update - Who has the latest version?

Trevor
Posted By: Peter_Foulsum

Re: Mosquito Register - Update - 11/09/09 10:12 AM

Hi Trevor,

The last register update was 20th June just after Sauna Sail and was posted on the forum.

There have been a few yacht movements since then so I shall provide a new listing shortly. It shall include all those yachts that have been listed for sale and we don't know who bought them. I just dread trying to save the file as an attachment that gets under the file size limit. crazy

Regards,

Peter

Re: Mosquito Register - Update - 11/09/09 10:34 AM

Hi Peter,

I can start if you like:

321 has been sold to Gregory Graham
1133 also sold to Gregory Graham
1805 Just A Toy is owned by myself

Enjoy

Trevor

Re: Mosquito Register - Update - 11/09/09 11:57 AM

Trevor,

Thanks for the update. cool Are both Mozzies 321 and 1133 still going to be raced at Sugarloaf ?

Regards,

Peter

Re: Mosquito Register - Update - 11/09/09 12:18 PM

Sorry Peter, I should have mentioned - We will be seeing them both at the Sauna Sails from now on!

Based at LVYC

Trevor
Posted By: fmg

Re: Mosquito Register - Update - 11/10/09 06:07 AM

1759 'Dances with Waves' is now at Paynesville sailed by Ben Emonson

1691 'Smik' is also at GLYC with Tim Heaney and has had a beautiful restoration job at Frecheville Heaney Boatworks.
Posted By: Matt_Stone

Re: Mosquito Register - Update - 11/10/09 06:58 AM

1705 sold to rob in tassie dont know last name or where he sails,

1816 UNKO sailed by matt stone somers

Re: Mosquito Register - Update - 11/10/09 11:52 AM

Hi FMG,

Welcome to the swarm. smile Hope you have a get lots of valuable information from the forum. cool I have attached the most recent "updated" register as a zipped excel file.

Regards,

Peter

Attached File
Posted By: cationic1477

Re: Mosquito Register - Update - 11/30/09 10:47 AM

Hi my name is Mike Coaker of Seaview Downs and I have just purchased 1477 cationic from John Veldhoen of Seacliff. John has owned the boat since 2005 where he purchased it in Victoria. John is the boats third owner and he is trying to look up the second owners details for me. The original owner and builder of the boat was Jim Boyer. The plate on the rear beam has the boat number 1477 and the date 28/2/83. The Hulls are yellow with a green stripe down either side of them. I will be sailing the boat at the Normanville Sailing Club aswell as social sailing at Seacliff and Somerton Park. If anyone knows anything about the history of my new boat I would love to hear from them. Kind regards...Mike

Re: Mosquito Register - Update - 12/01/09 09:58 AM

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the swarm. smile I have added your details to the register and will issue it again early next year. Any additional ownership history details would be great for the register. grin Hope you have a great time racing your new Mozzie at Normanville. Great to see the South Australian fleet growing. cool

Hope you a get lots of valuable information from the forum. You can search any topic and get loads of advice. smile

Regards,

Peter
Posted By: Dazz

Re: Mosquito Register - Update - 12/01/09 01:29 PM

1705 = missbeast sailing out of the leven yacht club in tassie.

http://www.catsailor.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=664
Posted By: rt1705

Re: Mosquito Register - Update - 12/02/09 08:09 AM

hi all, above not quite right, but its atleast made me get off my @#$!and register to get it fixed up, i am currently getting a list of all mosquitos details in tassie but for now heres the two that will fix up the above.

robert thallan 1705 "sailing clssifieds.com.au"
daniel attril 1730 "missbeast"

cheers
rob
Posted By: Dazz

Re: Mosquito Register - Update - 12/02/09 08:27 AM

Sorry, I just assumed the avatar of 1705 was related to miss beast..

btw the cap is all packed up and ready to travel, see you Saturday!

Re: Mosquito Register - Update - 12/02/09 09:52 AM

no problem! used to own "missbeast" for 12 years so the name got used for alot.

i have fri arvo off so heading down then, can't wait!!
Posted By: Tim_Mozzie

Re: Mosquito Register - Update - 12/02/09 10:44 AM

at least made me get off my @#$!and register

Welcome to the forum at last Rob.
Now we want to hear all about what goes on in the Tassie-Mozzie fleet grin
Posted By: Pete Tsn Tsns

Re: Mosquito Register - Update - 12/03/09 03:39 AM

Hello there Mosquitoists, I'm a new mozzie owner who'd like to add their details to the register. I've just bought hull number 1591 from Geoff Monia in Lismore,northern NSW. He got it on e-bay from a guy in Brisbane about a year ago. It's new name is Exciter, previously Double Trouble, and before that Toss up. I'm a member of Richmond River Sailing Club at Ballina, northern NSW. I'm hoping I'll be able to cause the Nacra 4.5's and hobie 16's some concern.
Posted By: becjm

Re: Mosquito Register - Update - 12/03/09 07:45 AM

Hey Glider
Welcome and hope you are enjoying your mozzie.
I know it may be short notice but if you are interested the nationals are going to be held this year at Mannering park.
I have only had a mozzie for a few years the most helpfull time in working out the boat and getting it going as fast as possable (to put as mutch distance between your self & those 4.5s & h16s) was to speek & sail with the guys at the nationals.Every one is super helpfull and will help with any quiries you have.
It may be a stretch but it will be worth the time.
Cheers & happy sailing Ben
ps even if you drop in for a few days & camp.
Posted By: BJ1365

Re: Mosquito Register - Update - 12/04/09 10:55 AM

Hi folks, I have just become the owner of 1365, got her from a couple in Brizzy who were selling her on ebay for their daughter. They didn't know any history about this Mozzie. Should be on the water in a couple of weeks after I finish fixing it up. The old ply hulls needed a little work. I stripped the paint from the decks and on the hulls where needed, should be painted this weekend. Whoever built it did a good job sealing the timber inside and out cos other than a bit of weathering on parts of the s/board deck and hull where paint had cracked off, its pretty good all over (for its age - whatever that might be)and they're probably not as straight as when they were first built! One centreboard has de-lamed, trap wires frayed, forestay snapped, tramp needed replacing and a small amount of corrosion on the boom, but the mast is straight and main and jib good. All in all, good enough to get my kids into sailing - and me back into it after selling the Paper Tiger years ago! also, there is no ID on the rear beam anywhere, just the # on the sail.
Cheers

BJ
Posted By: furr_ball

Re: Mosquito Register - Update - 12/04/09 08:34 PM

Hey there BJ,

Great to have you on board so to speak.
There are 2 mozzies in Brisvegas getting around sailing regularly.

I sail at Cleveland Yacht Club and Michael sails at Bribie & Humpybong (Redcliffe).

Will send you PM with contacts, perhaps we could catch up at some stage.

I sail either one up or 2 up with my son.

Had seen your purchase but could not send message through ebay so great that you found the forum.

Posted By: BJ1365

Re: Mosquito Register - Update - 12/04/09 11:08 PM

G'day furr_ball, it would be great to catch up sometime, thanks. I'm in Worongary- inland from Surfers, email: justuswalker@hotmail.com
cheers
BJ

Re: Mosquito Register - Update - 12/06/09 10:40 AM

G'day glider and BJ1365,

A warm welcome to the swarm. I hope you get as much enjoyment out of your Mozzies as the rest of us. cool

You can certainly give the Hobie 16's a run for their money in winds under 15 knots (assuming they don't have a 6 year old crew). laugh

If the ID is missing from the rear beam I would assume that the beams had been replaced at some stage and the plate was not transferred. cry

Please keep us all updated on you progress and adventures. smile

Regards,

Peter
Posted By: MD moz 1277

Re: Mosquito Register - Update - 12/08/09 10:34 AM

Hi All, I have just inherited a mosquito with sail number 1277. It was previously owned by my Uncle, who I believe used to race at one of the lakes clubs in Vic several years ago. It has been in a backyard in Dromana for the best part of 10 years. We'll be taking it to Geelong, not sure where we will sail yet. It's got fibreglass hulls, and has had beams replaced, so no markings evident. We are thinking of sailing it out of either Point Roadknight (anglesea) or St leonards. Can anyone provide advice on the wisdom (or not) of trying to take a mozzie off the beach with the hobies in a place like roadknight? (Am I likely to end up with 2 canoes???) It is by far the most convenient location for us, but i have only ever seen the hobies going out there.
Posted By: Red C

Re: Mosquito Register - Update - 12/14/09 12:22 PM

Hey, 2 updates. I've become the owner of a red mossie # 1127 currently named Intrepid but will be renamed - not sure what yet. Boat is pretty good nick ply. My name is Cameron Baldock of Port Noarlunga SA. A mate has also bought more recently another SA mossie, Dream Machine sail #1684, currently getting a bit of love and attention but will be in the water soon. Fiberglass boat owned by Rob Schneider of SA
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Mosquito Register - Update - 12/15/09 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by MD moz 1277
Hi All, I have just inherited a mosquito with sail number 1277. It was previously owned by my Uncle, who I believe used to race at one of the lakes clubs in Vic several years ago. It has been in a backyard in Dromana for the best part of 10 years. We'll be taking it to Geelong, not sure where we will sail yet. It's got fibreglass hulls, and has had beams replaced, so no markings evident. We are thinking of sailing it out of either Point Roadknight (anglesea) or St leonards. Can anyone provide advice on the wisdom (or not) of trying to take a mozzie off the beach with the hobies in a place like roadknight? (Am I likely to end up with 2 canoes???) It is by far the most convenient location for us, but i have only ever seen the hobies going out there.

If you look after your boat no reason why you can't sail off the beach at Angelsea, I have done a few Torquay To Anglsea races and Australia Day Regattas as have other Mossies with no problems, just don't land on rocks or drag them around on the sand any more than you have to. In the water racing there where plenty of Hobies that had rig failures in rugged conditions but I never heard of any failures on Mossies.
Posted By: MD moz 1277

Re: Mosquito Register - Update - 12/16/09 02:21 AM

Thanks twice, i'll give it a try.
MD
Posted By: becjm

Re: Mosquito Register - Update - 12/22/09 06:45 AM

There are 2 mozzies 4 sale on ebay
Bruizer 1938,
And excalibur 1455,
Cheers Ben

Re: Mosquito Register - Update - 12/22/09 10:09 AM

hey ben! i count 3 now some kind of record on ebay for mozzies

rob
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Mosquito Register - Update - 12/23/09 10:16 PM

Hi all,

you got me I can find 2 wooden ones but where is 1938. I think you got the number wrong, or you have been time travelling.
Posted By: ChickenSkin

Re: Mosquito Register - Update - 12/23/09 11:38 PM

There are 3 there, but 1938 is really 1398... typo

Re: Mosquito Register - Update - 12/26/09 11:37 AM

Hi All,

Thanks for the feedback. cool

With all the input provided from around the country I have now updated the register and attached it as a zip file.

Hope everyone can download it successfully. smile

Regards,

Peter

Attached File
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums