Catsailor.com

Coaching Weekend with Glenn Ashby

Posted By: Tim_Mozzie

Coaching Weekend with Glenn Ashby - 06/21/10 10:51 PM

With his job coaching Americas Cup teams drying up for now Glenn is looking for new opportunities and we are trying to work out how to sail better so...

A rare opportunity to be coached by one of the best sailors in the world! Glenn will do individual coaching on the water and group coaching off the water on Saturday the 16th and Sunday the 17th of October 2010 at McCrae Yacht Club, Melbourne. Cost will depend on numbers. We need a minimum of 10 boats and a maximum of 20 boats. Contact Mick at the VMCA ASAP for more details.
Posted By: Nic M

Re: Coaching Weekend with Glenn Ashby - 06/22/10 10:29 AM

I'm in !!
Posted By: Simon C

Re: Coaching Weekend with Glenn Ashby - 06/22/10 10:50 PM

I'm in
Posted By: Matt_Stone

Re: Coaching Weekend with Glenn Ashby - 06/23/10 07:21 AM

ill wait to see the numbers b4 i get in, there are other people that want and need training more than me.
Posted By: Tim_Mozzie

Re: Coaching Weekend with Glenn Ashby - 06/23/10 11:01 PM

If you're interested put your name down. If the numbers get too big you can always pull out to let someone else in.
Posted By: Matt_Stone

Re: Coaching Weekend with Glenn Ashby - 06/24/10 07:04 AM

ok im in but cant pay yet till 2 weeks
Posted By: mitchellsailor

Re: Coaching Weekend with Glenn Ashby - 06/24/10 07:59 AM

I've paid! (minor miracle)
YES matt! good from you buddy... and ofcourse all the others coming
Posted By: Learning to Fly...

Re: Coaching Weekend with Glenn Ashby - 06/29/10 09:59 AM

Been to the VMCA site but couldn't find 'Mick', seeking someone to send me a pm with his number
Posted By: Peter_Foulsum

Re: Coaching Weekend with Glenn Ashby - 06/29/10 11:02 AM

If you go to the VMCA homepage and choose the first pulldown menu then contacts you will see Mick Floyd listed there. smile

VMCA contacts

Regards,

Peter
Posted By: Sixth Element

Re: Coaching Weekend with Glenn Ashby - 07/01/10 11:48 AM

HI guys,

how many people are down to go to coaching weekend??

Re: Coaching Weekend with Glenn Ashby - 07/01/10 12:40 PM

Last I looked we have exceeded our minimum of 10 smile so if you're thinking of coming, it might pay to get in quick.

Cheers
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Coaching Weekend with Glenn Ashby - 07/10/10 05:03 AM

Hey Simon,

that's great news. We all have so much to learn from Glenn, I have learnt heaps just from being at a few regattas that he was at. Lucky enough to be close enough to see how he does things a few times. cool

This should push the standard of Mossie sailing even higher. Watch out Legendary Bob wink.

Re: Coaching Weekend with Glenn Ashby - 07/10/10 05:38 AM

Yes Gary,

It's great to see it well supported. Full marks to Andrew for the idea.

Must admit I'm looking forward to the lessons as with a new boat I've sort of run out of believable excuses. blush

A fleet of Mozzies buzzing around my home club for 2 days... weekends don't get much better for me smile

Cheers
Posted By: Learning to Fly...

Re: Coaching Weekend with Glenn Ashby - 07/10/10 10:31 AM

Keen to join something like this that allows Taipans. If you know of something at your club please give me a PM

Re: Coaching Weekend with Glenn Ashby - 07/11/10 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by nacrajon
Keen to join something like this that allows Taipans. If you know of something at your club please give me a PM

I would contact AHPC, I think they have done this sort of thing before and with suggestion may again.

Re: Coaching Weekend with Glenn Ashby - 09/14/10 03:08 AM

Does anyone know of a boat I could borrow/charter for this event. I can't imagine I'll have anything other than a pile of bits by then. But would hate to miss the opportunity to learn.

Re: louis vuitton - 09/14/10 09:06 AM

bump to clear it from the crap above so people notice my question

Re: louis vuitton - 10/11/10 10:17 AM

Hi all,

seen the forecast for the weekend? It doesn't look good, on seabreeze and windwilly, 30+ knots and temp in low teens cry .

Re: louis vuitton - 10/12/10 06:16 AM

Hi all,

weekend date under review, check your emails from Andrew.

Re: louis vuitton - 10/12/10 10:32 AM

Oh there is a god !!!!! I am off to the US tomorrow for work and had to let Andrew know I couldn't make it.

If on another weekend I am definitely in.

First time I have ever hoped for a blow out !!

Re: louis vuitton - 10/12/10 10:56 AM

That's great Nick,

Would have been a shame to miss out. 13/14th Nov is the new date but you'll get an email ( if you haven't already) from Andrew to confirm.

That'll be 2 weeks in a row at McCrae for you as I've got you slotted for the regatta the weekend after smile

Has Rye's season kicked off yet? Thought I might sail down one weekend.

Cheers
Posted By: air_apparent

Re: louis vuitton - 10/12/10 11:33 AM

Simon has the weekend with glenn been changed I was going to come down with the rescue boat and camera for some on water video

Re: louis vuitton - 10/12/10 11:51 AM

Hi Gordon,

Yes, I got an email from Andrew this afternoon.

Whilst things change, the BOM has been forecasting 30knots or more for Sat for the last three or four forecasts. It's a long way to travel for some to end up not sailing so I think it's a wise call.

Cheers

Re: louis vuitton - 10/14/10 01:41 AM

Hi Simon,

It is very lucky (for me) !! Yes two weekends at McCrae, I might be disowned by the Rye people although I am very much looking forward to the coaching and maybe some other mossies at McCrae.

Rye season kicks off the weekend after this although I am on duty so I will be sailing down there on the 31st Oct.

Got to go and have some Magaritas and Fajitas in Texas after a 24hr trip - good jet lag cure !!

Watching the coaching - 10/14/10 04:22 AM

Gordon I was thinking of doing the same thing. We should talk as there is no point us both towing power boats down and sitting on them on our own.

Re: louis vuitton - 10/15/10 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by Simon C
Hi Gordon,

Whilst things change, the BOM has been forecasting 30knots or more for Sat for the last three or four forecasts. It's a long way to travel for some to end up not sailing so I think it's a wise call.

Cheers

Hey Simon,

it's not just the 30 knot winds crazy . South westerly direction, heavy rain and snow down to 500m cry , makes it sound like it would not be beach weather, even at sunny McCrae wink. After all, I only go to McCrae for the beach and the scenery whistle.

Re: coaching weekend - 10/15/10 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by thricebitten
Originally Posted by Simon C
Hi Gordon,

Cheers

Hey Simon,

it's not just the 30 knot winds crazy . South westerly direction, heavy rain and snow down to 500m cry , makes it sound like it would not be beach weather, even at sunny McCrae wink. After all, I only go to McCrae for the beach and the scenery whistle.

Hi Gary, Southwesterly = no shore break smile Heavy rain..get all that salt off the rig smile Snow to 500m...we're at seal level so we should be safe but if not, that's what beenies are for smile 30knots... raced in worse at McCrae crazy Sounds like a lovely weekend to me!.. If the wind lightens up a bit I'll be out for a sail....still enjoying the honemoon with the new boat!

No doubt the Gippsland lads will make her seem "less fast" in a couple of weeks time cry

Cheers

Description: 31knots steady from SSW... lovely!
Attached picture now.jpg

Re: coaching weekend - 10/17/10 06:50 AM

Hi Gary, Southwesterly = no shore break smile Heavy rain..get all that salt off the rig smile Snow to 500m...we're at seal level so we should be safe but if not, that's what beenies are for smile 30knots... raced in worse at McCrae crazy Sounds like a lovely weekend to me!.. If the wind lightens up a bit I'll be out for a sail....still enjoying the honemoon with the new boat!

No doubt the Gippsland lads will make her seem "less fast" in a couple of weeks time cry

Cheers [/quote]

Hi Simon,

so how was the sailing at McCrae over the weekend ? wink

Re: coaching weekend - 10/17/10 07:14 AM

Hi Gary,

30+ all day yesterday, as I'm sure you've observed, but rather nice this afternoon. grin

I shall be praying to the various weather gods for the 13th/14th. Was planning a sacrifice but thus far I haven't been able to locate a willing virgin!

Cheers

Re: coaching weekend - 10/18/10 07:06 AM

If your'e not worried about gender, I have a couple of sons I am willing to offer grin. After all they won't sail with me anymore, so what good are they confused.

Re: Coaching Weekend with Glenn Ashby - 11/11/10 10:25 PM

Wind forecast is looking good with plenty of rain.

Was on the bay a few weeks ago in the rain and it was great.....see you all tomorrow !!!
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums