Catsailor.com

SOOPER SLOOPING

Posted By: mitchellsailor

SOOPER SLOOPING - 07/26/10 08:45 AM

Looking for a bit of a rush in an otherwise boring time of the year for sailing I thaught I would add that dacron jib in my trailer with out its extra "luggage" I had a very fun time completely overpowered at times and was amazed with my ability to push on through the lulls (on wire) smile . performance down wind was also a bit of an experience sailing some spinnaker esque hot anglesl, all a bit of fun and the simplicity in adding the sail far surpassed that of my spinnaker still missing crucial parts.

Next time i will use all 3 wink
Posted By: Simon C

Re: SOOPER SLOOPING - 07/26/10 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by mitchellsailor

Next time i will use all 3 wink

All 3 !!!

Do you have prehensile feet or are you using something else? shocked

Cheers
Posted By: Wannabe

Re: SOOPER SLOOPING - 07/27/10 03:24 AM

Yeah it's a thrill one up with a jib. I've just traded from a Windrush to the mozzie and I prefer to run with a jib in the light conditions as you can hike out longer. I know that the windie is no match for the mozzie but the jib helps with the tacks.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: SOOPER SLOOPING - 07/27/10 06:59 AM

Hi Mitchell,

back in the Dark Ages wink before the spinnakers cry, on Perfect Score when Ben was starting to sail other boats crazy. I sailed super sloop a fair bit, got some great times around the island, mind you I still had plenty of weight on board sick.

I seriously thought it was a option for a heavy weight sailor Mossie Class, others didn't seem interested though frown . Now of course the last thing Mossies need is another option whistle.

Was bloody good fun though grin.
Posted By: mitchellsailor

Re: SOOPER SLOOPING - 07/27/10 10:55 AM

Simon I use very smelly split toe boots which always helps.
I can still tack much quicker cat rig, and I prefer the rope free tramp.
just for another mozzi option I could develop a roller furling gennaker?? ooh ooh and some side steps smile
Posted By: Matt_Stone

Re: SOOPER SLOOPING - 07/27/10 12:21 PM

hahaha, i have tried the furling spin, too much windage, and furling jib copy the hobie 14's, hahaha

© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums