Catsailor.com

Winter Series at GLYC

Posted By: Anonymous

Winter Series at GLYC - 08/23/10 08:51 AM

Hi all,

I think Mitchell got out with his new Irwin sail yesterday so cool . So how did it go Mitch? I was still stuck under the house confused.

Yeah, I did the sail run to Irwin Sails last weekend, picked up 2 new mains, 3 repair mains, a jib and a new jib, quite a car full crazy . Kept Lindsay busy for a bit, actualy he has been doing a bit of Mossie stuff, some down to Tassie and some spinnaker gear cool , all good news for the class, as I didn't recognise any of the names he had done work for, so hopefully more boats on the water grin .
Posted By: Damo

Re: Winter Series at GLYC - 08/23/10 11:28 AM

Since I have have started my Mozzie here in QLD aready I have one more to build after mine both will have kites. Hopfully we can get the class growing here in sth east QLD also
Posted By: mitchellsailor

Re: Winter Series at GLYC - 08/25/10 11:02 AM

Though the irwin looks great it lacks the ability to produce its own steady supply of wind :'( a necessity for sunday, however it was a niceday on the water and the local pod of dolphins paid another visit.
oh and after the race I sailed what literally is a monomaran, otherwise known as an international canoe. (extremely skinny)
Posted By: Matt_Stone

Re: Winter Series at GLYC - 08/26/10 07:31 AM

so mitch got an irwin sail.
what happened to floyds bro, (greg i think)
well good to see that you made the right choice
(now its going o be harder to beat you (Damn))
Posted By: fmg

Re: Winter Series at GLYC - 08/29/10 11:33 AM

Mitch, I heard from a friendly dolphin that you clonked his cousin on the head? Also that the monomaran (IC) is amazingly quick and left you over a leg behind before you came over all french and quit? smile
Posted By: mitchellsailor

Re: Winter Series at GLYC - 08/30/10 07:35 AM

The clonking was an accident, how were the dolphins meant to know I would be soo quick. It is true the monomaran is very quick, when I was at the helm :P

p.s the result that counts is first to the beach on a day like that
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums