Catsailor.com

Lake Bonney YC Opening/ SA traveller series!

Posted By: Sixth Element

Lake Bonney YC Opening/ SA traveller series! - 09/18/10 11:14 AM

Hi All,

Lake Bonney Y.C. Opening Regatta is on again to be held on the long weekend (well is in SA anyway) of the 2nd and 3rd of October. This is also including the revived SA traveller series on the saturday races.

Saturday will be:
1pm official opening
1:30 races 1 and 2 back to back
6:30 club tea all welcome (good food and excellent pricing)

Sunday
9:30am race 3
12:00pm race 4
Presentation to follow last race.

All and everything is welcome to come would be good to get a decent turn up. We again have got water back, plenty to sail on.

Hope to see some of you there..

Posted By: Wannabe

Re: Lake Bonney YC Opening/ SA traveller series! - 09/22/10 02:36 AM

I'm going to try and come up for the Sat ( hopefully I'm not working ),as I have never sailed on fresh water it will be quite an experience for me. I am attempting to remove the front beams on the boat next week as I have a minor leak shocked. If this goes well I will be there.

Re: Lake Bonney YC Opening/ SA traveller series! - 09/23/10 09:46 PM

HI Tony, would be good to see you up there for the saturday at least. peoples thoughts on lake sailing vary but i certainly enjoy it, hopefully should get some breeze and always flat water so thats always fun. good luck with the beams!!

Anyone else from adel (or elsewhere) coming up?? Would be good to get a decent turn up we would love to see a decent fleet back at the club again. its not that far from adel even over that hill some of you dont like getting over..lol. i do it every weekend its an easy drive..
Posted By: Darryn

Re: Lake Bonney YC Opening/ SA traveller series! - 09/24/10 12:14 PM

I wont be there, nothing to do with any hill or the 80 sets of traffic lights (counted them last time) between the southern suburbs and Lake Bonney. I just prefer sailing on the ocean 500m from my front door.

Hope you get some wind,

Darryn
Mozzy
Bullet
Posted By: Simon_Hallsworth

Re: Lake Bonney YC Opening/ SA traveller series! - 09/25/10 02:23 AM

I am a definite starter now. Darryn, I know Dad is planning on taking his boat down to Milang for their opening weekend, however I don't think they have any scheduled racing at this stage. That may change given the water levels down there now!
Posted By: Brian P

Re: Lake Bonney YC Opening/ SA traveller series! - 09/27/10 05:48 AM

any details for milang simon??
Posted By: JeffS

Re: Lake Bonney YC Opening/ SA traveller series! - 09/27/10 07:53 AM

We should have enough boats for a race I'll be there, Johnny's coming on his A, his mate on another, you guys and the normal crew that sail there. Any time I chase Darryn it's a race. I went to the Narrows this week and theres a strong current with plenty of water

Re: Lake Bonney YC Opening/ SA traveller series! - 09/27/10 08:56 AM

darryn, wtf??? 80? do you go thru murray bridge, karoonda, loxton, berri? i go that way and i reckon there is about 5 sets!!! dont tell me you go thru gawler, waikerie....
from your place go the back way thru to kangarilla, meadows echunga then on to freeway. smile

Re: Lake Bonney YC Opening/ SA traveller series! - 09/27/10 09:43 AM

Noarlunga-Reynella has more lights than people

Re: Lake Bonney YC Opening/ SA traveller series! - 09/27/10 07:11 PM

Definitely a lot of traffic lights, three more sets added since my last trip where I was stopped 38 times on the way and 42 coming back. Thats going out through Elizabeth. I know there are other ways but they have their own drawbacks. Its quicker to go through the city to cross road to get to the freeway then go through Meadows. I am sure we all have our own traffic management horror stories but sailing is a lot more interest to plan and discuss.

Is there any more info about Milang? Which day its on? Was on Sundays but that might have changed. Will there be a race?

Are you going to Milang or Barmera Jeff?

Darryn

Re: Lake Bonney YC Opening/ SA traveller series! - 09/27/10 09:55 PM

hahahah true!!!
milang im not sure, i know peter hallsworth is trying to organise some racing there. im supposed to be moving house that weekend but if there is some raceing on, i might go missing for a few hours!!!

Re: Lake Bonney YC Opening/ SA traveller series! - 09/27/10 10:17 PM

I'm going to Milang and staying there the weekend, my plan is to stay there Friday night and be sailing from around 11am on Saturday, I've got Mark the Stingray sailer from our club as crew on Saturday then Liz is coming down on Sunday so if anyone wants experienced crew for Sunday he's available. Johnny and his mate are staying down as well so we'll be racing in some fashion. The weather report says both Lake Bonney and Milang are getting wind and some sunshine.

Re: Lake Bonney YC Opening/ SA traveller series! - 09/28/10 07:58 AM

cool!! ill be there, as soon as the epoxy on my boards sets!!
Posted By: dkd

Re: Lake Bonney YC Opening/ SA traveller series! - 09/28/10 09:37 AM

Once upon a time there was a forum topic for the Opening at Barmera and the Mossie Traveller series.
And then along came ...... (careful not to offend anyone) and totally stole away the subject, all interesting but so is the fact that there are lots of trafic lights between here and there and that ...... well and the others going to Milang,
Anyway, for what it is worth, to the SA State Mossie guys, sorry won't be able to be at Barmera for Opening day, work has again got in the way and then again for the second of the traveller series I will be overseas...until Mid/late November and loving it
I hope you all have a great weekend and would much rather be there than here...and I do hope the boats with spinnakers use them, I would have just for fun, and they are so much fun.

Re: Lake Bonney YC Opening/ SA traveller series! - 09/28/10 10:34 AM

Sorry for the hijack DKD I'll start a new thread
regards
Posted By: Rebel without a Clew

Re: Lake Bonney YC Opening/ SA traveller series! - 09/28/10 12:46 PM

I shall put an apology in now as work commitments and a boat not quite finished means I will not be able to attend, bugger!
Hope everyone has a good weekend on the lake.
Cheers,
Roy,
mk1 1770

Re: Lake Bonney YC Opening/ SA traveller series! - 09/28/10 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by dkd

Once upon a time there was a forum topic for the Opening at Barmera and the Mossie Traveller series.
And then along came ...... (careful not to offend anyone) and totally stole away the subject, all interesting but so is the fact that there are lots of trafic lights between here and there and that ...... well and the others going to Milang,
Anyway, for what it is worth, to the SA State Mossie guys, sorry won't be able to be at Barmera for Opening day, work has again got in the way and then again for the second of the traveller series I will be overseas...until Mid/late November and loving it
I hope you all have a great weekend and would much rather be there than here...and I do hope the boats with spinnakers use them, I would have just for fun, and they are so much fun.

Where is the harm David? Its a forum for discussing things. You could have steered it back on track without going off at people.

cheers,
Darryn
Posted By: Steve_T

Re: Lake Bonney YC Opening/ SA traveller series! - 09/28/10 11:53 PM

Actually, sometimes going off topic isn't all that bad - it keeps the thread right on top of all the others!

For all those travelling from South of Adelaide, my preference route is via Monarto then either Mannum / Walkers Flat, or Sedan / Cambrai. No traffic lights from freeway, and the roads are very reasonable. For what it's worth, the Murray Bridge / Karoonda / Loxton road is not only longer, but worse for towing.

Hope to see as many of you up here as possible for this first and only country leg of the traveller series.

Cheers
Posted By: dkd

Re: Lake Bonney YC Opening/ SA traveller series! - 09/29/10 08:37 AM

Darryn and all,
No harm, I was just taking it back to the top so was just having fun too...after all it is just sailing and supposed to be fun, so please no-one take offence, just a twisted sense of humour.

As for the travelling thing, our prefernce from home to Barmera is up thro' Woodside, Mt Pleasant, Cambrai, Sedan abd then Blanchetown and onwards. We do it this way most weekends and must admit tho' that Sedan intersection can be busy on a Saturday night...the pub is on the corner.
Wherever you all sail on the long weekend, enjoy it...and do have some pity for me here at work.

To both Peter and Steve, please do use your spinnakers and will be back sailing when I get home from OS mid Nov.

David
Salpicon de Resplandor, 1744
Posted By: Infected

Re: Lake Bonney YC Opening/ SA traveller series! - 09/29/10 02:10 PM

Hi Peter, I'll be there on Saturday and Sunday.

regards Graeme
Posted By: Mark_Pfennig

Re: Lake Bonney YC Opening/ SA traveller series! - 10/03/10 09:56 AM

Thanks to everyone who came along and made the Lake Bonney opening weekend a great success. The four races were all raced with great competition and fun. The wind gods smiled on us and came to the party, Sunday being the pick of the two. Congratulations to the winners and everyone who travelled. Look forward to chatchin up with everyone again, hopefully at the nats.

PS My old wooden girl still has it, even if i'm gettin a bit slow. laugh

Re: Lake Bonney YC Opening/ SA traveller series! - 10/06/10 10:55 AM

hi All,

Just some results from the weekend. we had a ripper weekend of sailing. Saturday gave us 5-12 knots mostly with some nice gusts coming through for the two traveller series races. Sunday saw a bit more wind averaging around 15-16knots with alot of gusts with 20+

Results:
Race 1 :
1st - Just Do It - Steve Thomas - Mk1
2nd - Nebuchadnezzar - Mark Pfennig - Mk1
3rd - Natural Progression - Peter Dunk - Mk2
4th - To Be Sure Two - Phil Flaherty - Mk2
5th - Infected - Graeme Davies - Mk1

Race 2:
1st - Nebuchadnezzer
2nd - Just Do It
3rd - Natural Progression
4th - To Be Sure Two
5th - Infected

Race 3:
1st - Natural Progression - Mk2 SP
2nd - Just Do It - Mk1 SP
3rd - Nebuchadnezzar - Mk1
4th - To Be Sure Two - Mk2
5th - Infected - Mk1

Race 4:
1st - Natural Progession
2nd - Just Do It
3rd - To Be Sure Two
4th - Infected

Thanks to those who travelled up over those hills from Adelaide (Phil + Mark and Graeme) was a great weekend.

Cheers
Posted By: Infected

Re: Lake Bonney YC Opening/ SA traveller series! - 10/07/10 09:59 AM

Thanks for putting those results up Peter, I have dutifully plagurised them, and forwarded onto Ben for our website.
Thanks to commodore Mark Pfennig and all you great people people at Barmera, it was a great weekend. I learnt a lot, especially how to right a capsized mozzie when under spinnaker.

Graeme

Re: Lake Bonney YC Opening/ SA traveller series! - 10/07/10 09:22 PM

No worries Graeme.. Always good to have you guys come visit, your welcome anytime.. Hope you enjoyed the ride up to the point it all went wrong and got wet..lol.
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums