Catsailor.com

Mainsheet Cleat

Posted By: Simon_Hallsworth

Mainsheet Cleat - 09/21/10 01:17 PM

Hi All,
I am helping a friend put together an old mossie, and am trying to find some spare parts. I have found most things, however I am in need of a mainsheet cleat. Does anyone have one lying around in a shed that they no longer require?

Thanks,
Simon
Posted By: Tim_Mozzie

Re: Mainsheet Cleat - 09/22/10 01:16 PM

Mainsheet cleat??? Oh, yes that's to free up one hand for holding the beer...
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Mainsheet Cleat - 09/22/10 09:53 PM

I think what Tim is trying to say is most racing sailors don't fit a cleat on the mainsheet anymore.
Posted By: Brian P

Re: Mainsheet Cleat - 09/23/10 05:39 AM

more info simon... just the actual cleat? a triple pulley with cleat? or a swivelling cleat base with ratchet?

Re: Mainsheet Cleat - 09/23/10 09:39 AM

Hi Brian,
Am interested in any of the above, as long as it has a cleat on it smile
As I said, its for an old boat, so something is better than nothing!
Cheers.
Posted By: Simon C

Re: Mainsheet Cleat - 09/23/10 12:19 PM

I have one.. just in case I want it but I have it angled so you really have to use a positive action to engage it, and if you pull the mainsheet it drops straight out of the cleat... I can't remember the last time I actually used it though.

Cheers

Re: Mainsheet Cleat - 09/24/10 11:34 AM

Hi All. Have located one. Thanks for the help.

Cheers,
Simon
Posted By: Tim_Mozzie

Re: Mainsheet Cleat - 09/29/10 02:53 AM

I think what Tim is trying to say is most racing sailors don't fit a cleat on the mainsheet anymore.

I think the majority of the Mosquito fleet do still use a mainsheet cleat. I just don't trust myself to get the damn thing off in time when a gust hits - so I don't have one. That also means no free hand to hold the drinks or light the pipe (Bob?) though frown
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums