Catsailor.com

Big Weekend

Posted By: Matt_Stone

Big Weekend - 10/06/10 03:46 PM

hey guys

Who is going where, i like to do the spin states but where is the main competion going

Matt
UNKO 1816
Posted By: Simon C

Re: Big Weekend - 10/08/10 01:08 AM

That's the 20/21st November for anyone who hasn't read the website. Spinnaker States at Sugarloaf, Cat Regatta at McCrae and an OTB regatta at Geelong.

Matt... surely you will be going to Sugarloaf to sort Gary out! He might be slow with his verticle boards (well slower maybe) crazy ... never let a chance go by wink

I'll be doing the McCrae Cat regatta for obvious reasons. Those not flying a kite at Sugarloaf are most welcome as always.

Cheers
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Big Weekend - 10/08/10 09:03 AM

Hi all,

I was planning to do Vic Cat Champs (the real ones)and Spin States, but just recieved a letter from the hospital telling me, that they can operate on my double hernia sick late October, reckon that might slow me down more than my centreboards cry.
Posted By: Nic M

Re: Big Weekend - 10/08/10 09:28 AM

No kite for me so I should be at McCrae
Posted By: Matt_Stone

Re: Big Weekend - 10/09/10 04:50 PM

well looks like sugarloaf for me, i want this spin title

Re: Big Weekend - 11/09/10 04:51 AM

I presume all the spin boats will be enjoying Sugarloaf hospitality. smile

A reminder.. all Mozzies not going to the Spin States are welcome at the McCrae regatta... $50.00 for the weekend incl Dinner Sat and Brekky on Sunday.

Thus far it is me, Nick and Rob.... need more Mozzies!

Any long distance travellers doing the coaching weekend that want to do the 20th/21st are welcome to leave their boats at my place to save towing home and back again.

Cheers

Posted By: ruthie

Re: Big Weekend - 11/11/10 09:46 AM

Love to go to the Sugarloaf also.. The place and the people are good.

Custom Pet Urns

Posted By: Fat Bomber

Re: Big Weekend - 11/14/10 03:52 AM

I'll be there I haven't fallen off the face off the earth. I've got some sibling rivalry to put to rest...... and in the process discovered how good a well set-up boat sails regardless of class! Going to give the 'fat bomber' a run with the kite... too much fun to pass up...
Posted By: mitchellsailor

Re: Big Weekend - 11/16/10 10:33 AM

I have actually tested my spi rig as of tonight!

Re: Big Weekend - 11/18/10 10:22 PM

Wind forecast is looking good! and sun as well smile

Good luck to all those with Kites at Sugarloaf.... very nice of you all to head over there and give those of us doing McCrae a chance at glory wink

It'd be good if someone could post some half time results on Sat night.

Cheers

Re: Big Weekend - 11/21/10 09:52 AM

Hi All,

A quick report from the other fleet.

65 boats in all. 4 Mozzies sailed in div 2 with 6 Hobie 16's and a Hobie 18. 5 races were completed in all, 3 Saturday and 3 today with one abandoned due to a 180 degree shift.

A typical McCrae weekend with a bit of everything wind wise. Some races shortened due to light winds, others going the distance with plenty of trapeze time and nice flat water.

Bob Wilson took the chocolates with an unblemished series. Rob Lott took second, Tom Cobden and Ella Morris collected 4th, and also Junior Skipper. I scored a "quality" 8th.

An enjoyable weekend had by all... It was nice to sail in some sunshine at last.

Cheers
Posted By: mitchellsailor

Re: Big Weekend - 11/21/10 11:11 AM

sounds great. Good job all.
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums