Catsailor.com

Rudder Boxes

Posted By: Anonymous

Rudder Boxes - 10/17/10 07:04 AM

Hi all,

new rudder blades are very difficult to fit into the old rudder boxes I have been using. So I am looking for new rudder boxes, anybody know who is making new ones? Alloy or other, happy to assemble alloy ones, if anybody has bent tubes.

So what's about, Vic or interstate confused .
Posted By: Phillip

Re: Rudder Boxes - 10/17/10 11:36 AM

Send me an email so I can return info on bending alloy cheeks to suite your requirements.
ppearce@internode.on.net
Posted By: MitchB

Re: Rudder Boxes - 10/17/10 02:54 PM

Hi Gary

Are they the same foils as the Blades are using? If so wouldn't Marcus Towell be a good starting point?

Re: Rudder Boxes - 10/17/10 08:43 PM

I can bend a couple up for you. These are the ones for the DS12. My mozzie ones will be 440 from the pintle to the end of the tiller. Cost would be meeting me in Sale or Rosedale for a hostage swap with my recent purchase.

Attached File
F12 stocks.pdf  (1356 downloads)

Re: Rudder Boxes - 10/18/10 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by MitchB
Hi Gary

Are they the same foils as the Blades are using? If so wouldn't Marcus Towell be a good starting point?

No they are different, head is smaller, shape different etc.
So his boxes are different size. So not a option.

Re: Rudder Boxes - 10/18/10 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Scarecrow
I can bend a couple up for you. These are the ones for the DS12. My mozzie ones will be 440 from the pintle to the end of the tiller. Cost would be meeting me in Sale or Rosedale for a hostage swap with my recent purchase.

Thanks for the offer, drawings look good, you obviously have some drawing experience. How many have you made? Do you have anodised tube? Do you make the stainless fittings also? I can assemble ok, I have a riveter. Can probably make stainless fittings if needed also.

Re: Rudder Boxes - 10/18/10 09:06 AM

Gary I don't make anything out of metal I get my clients to do it for me. I have 2 sets of ds12 ones left but haven't started the mozzie ones yet.

They'll be anodized after bending and welding. I'll also supply the stainless bits but you can drill and fit them yourself.
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums