Catsailor.com

Australia Day

Posted By: Peter_Lyons

Australia Day - 01/10/11 08:40 PM

With Australia Day falling on a Wednesday, I thought that I would take off a couple of extra days and head down to Paynesville (might even get in a weekend race as well).
What is everyone else up to?
Posted By: Simon C

Re: Australia Day - 01/11/11 12:27 AM

Pies and Lamingtons for me...

We have a morning race... Pies and Lamingtons for lunch... then heartburn for the afternoon race sick

For anyone that likes a distance race, our Marathon is on this Sunday. 1100 hrs start. Usually about 35kms... judging by the forecast we'll be heading down the peninsula with a nice reach all the way home. Nic is coming... all Mozzies welcome. If anyone from the country wants to come there is room at my place and 2 club races on the Saturday if you want to make a weekend of it.

Cheers
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Australia Day - 01/12/11 07:21 AM

Happy to see you Peter grin ,

will have the usual Southern Cross course race on Australia Day I guess, start 1pm, don't miss the briefing whatever you do, as course is complicated confused .

Will have a twilight sternchaser race on the Tuesday 25th, mostly big boats frown , though Mitch often races smile , but I imagine I can organise a Mossie or 2 to keep you company wink. Mossies start about 5.30pm, short race with a cheap meal at the club after cool .

Sunday 23rd will have our regular round the buoy's race in arvo, triangles and sausages smile start 2pm.

Re: Australia Day - 01/12/11 09:14 PM

Gary, Thanks for the info. I am certainly looking forward to having a week off and being able to go for a sail.
Posted By: mitchellsailor

Re: Australia Day - 01/13/11 12:24 PM

I'll be at victoria week on a boat with what they tell me is a "cabin"!! laugh but the friendly dolphins are still about

Re: Australia Day - 01/15/11 12:39 AM

Hey Mitch,

I have heard of kids being sent to the mines wink , but not the lead mines shocked , lead mining won't make your cat sailing any faster confused .

oops blush I shouldn't be calling you a kid any more should I now you are 18 smile. Happy birthday to you and Nick grin , hope you don't handicap yourselves too much tonight sick.

Re: Australia Day - 01/19/11 05:39 AM

Hi Peter,

you've been invited on to the 42 foot cruising cat that I normaly twilight race on, so now you have a choice of cats to sail Tuesday night.

Re: Australia Day - 01/19/11 09:23 PM

Gary,

Thanks for the offer of a sail on a big cat which I am happy to accept. I am planning to drive to Paynesville on Saturday and race at the club on Sunday (23rd).
What is everyone else up to?
Posted By: Tumultuous

Re: Australia Day - 01/19/11 11:07 PM

Somers has Australia Day Regatta with back-to-back racing in the morning starting at 10:30 followed by Family Barbeque around 1:00pm on the deck after racing. Food catered by Vic, Club chef, and available for purchase. All welcome!

------------------
Regards,

Jeremy
1812 Overture

Re: Australia Day - 01/22/11 02:10 AM

Well even the best laid plans go wrong. I had the boat hooked up, the kids in the car and was rolling down the driveway when the brakes felt funny (which is really not funny). A quick visit to the mechanic indicated problems that cannot be fixed till monday. I will let you know how I get on frown

Re: Australia Day - 01/22/11 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Peter_Lyons
Well even the best laid plans go wrong. I had the boat hooked up, the kids in the car and was rolling down the driveway when the brakes felt funny (which is really not funny). A quick visit to the mechanic indicated problems that cannot be fixed till monday. I will let you know how I get on frown

In the words of that great poet "Bugger" cry

Hope you still get here for Tues/Wed, looks like good wind tomorrow (currently gusting to 29knots crazy) and 10 to 15 knots Tuesday/Wed smile .
Posted By: Trevor

Re: Australia Day - 01/23/11 03:35 AM

No brakes just means you will get there faster for all the sailing!!!
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums