im in if anyone wants to travel, i have double decker trailer,
whos wants to travel
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Winter regatta anyone? - 02/04/11 09:08 AM

Hey Darwin maybe shocked , but Broome is just crazy
Posted By: Simon C

Re: Winter regatta anyone? - 02/07/11 01:55 AM

8000km round trip to get flogged by you 2 days in a row!! not likely.. laugh

Mind you... the much younger version of me would have been tempted. It would be a great adventure.
Posted By: JeffS

Re: Winter regatta anyone? - 02/07/11 04:50 AM

Lake Eyre regatta will probably happen in the same place this year on Lake Kiallaperpunna, now that the cyclone has put a bit more water in the right area to flow down the Cooper. Its ideal for Mozzys, you could do Lake Eyre then pop up to Broome.
Posted By: Matt_Stone

Re: Winter regatta anyone? - 02/07/11 06:28 AM

sounds good ill do that
Posted By: Petern

Re: Winter regatta anyone? - 02/07/11 07:05 AM

I have booked a caravan site in cable beach from 22st August for 4 weeks shocked

Re: Winter regatta anyone? - 02/07/11 08:23 AM

Mozzy will fit on top of the caravan perfect
Posted By: Brian P

Re: Winter regatta anyone? - 02/07/11 09:00 AM

im already in newman 3 weeks out of four, so its only a hop skip and 1100 km drive from here, but broome is awesome.

Re: Winter regatta anyone? - 02/07/11 09:02 AM

ive driven from adelaide to broome before and i did it in 4 days but that was going hard and i took the tanami track. i would DEFINATELY NOT be going that way towing a boat.
Posted By: MD moz 1277

Re: Winter regatta anyone? - 03/01/11 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by JeffS
Lake Eyre regatta will probably happen in the same place this year on Lake Kiallaperpunna, now that the cyclone has put a bit more water in the right area to flow down the Cooper. Its ideal for Mozzys, you could do Lake Eyre then pop up to Broome.

i got on the mailing list for lake eyre regatta, they reckon they're unlikely to run this year due to a native title dispute affecting access, rather than lack of water. Would be a real shame, was thinking about a road trip for some adventure...

Re: Winter regatta anyone? - 03/01/11 10:07 AM

We can't have a regatta on Lake Eyre because some dickhead dreamed about a monster in the lake that will be upset by boats sailing on it so National Parks won't give the permit. Lake Kiallaperpunna will probably go ahead in July this year which is the same place and month as last year. I've had a dream that a bigger monster will be upset if I don't sail on Lake Eyre so I plan to sail on Lake Eyre on the way back from the regatta.
Posted By: Phile

Re: Winter regatta anyone? - 03/01/11 11:17 AM

Seems like One Nation and bigotry is still alive in country SA.

Re: Winter regatta anyone? - 03/02/11 11:24 AM

Thats where your wrong I only see people not colour. You should try it, instead of calling someone a racist as soon as they don't agree with your limited view of the world

Re: Winter regatta anyone? - 03/02/11 01:09 PM

what are the dates for lake Kiallaperpunna??
im keen on going this year!!!

Re: Winter regatta anyone? - 03/03/11 06:38 AM

Last year was the first week of the July School holidays they havn't got a date for this year yet
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums