Catsailor.com

2011 State Titles

Posted By: Nic M

2011 State Titles - 02/10/11 12:32 AM

Hi All,

I just thought I would provide some feedback on accommodation for the State Titles.

For thoese not already booked in somewhere we tried booking yesterday and we found it very hard to find either a campsite or reasonably priced unit.

we got the last campsite at Resthaven.

Make sure you organise it ASAP or you might find yourself in the back of the ute !!!

See you there !!

Posted By: mitchellsailor

Re: 2011 State Titles - 02/10/11 02:31 AM

word of advice from the locals. REMEMBER Eagle Point. barely 5 minute drive, 2 caravan parks with cabins.
Powered campsite at my house in Eagle Point (03)51567418, and Tim can advertise his own place when he comes on.
Point being don't let accommodation be the reason you don't come we WILL sort something for anyone smile

Re: 2011 State Titles - 02/10/11 02:48 AM

Good call, sorry Tim and Mitchel.....I couldn't advertive your place !!!
Posted By: Tim_Mozzie

Re: 2011 State Titles - 02/10/11 12:21 PM

Mitch is right I have a lot of room for camping or caravans (with power - I have extension leads) here in Eagle Point. The president wont mind sharing the facilities of the presidential holiday house. There are also some beds available.

The only accommodation close to the club is at the Old Pub.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: 2011 State Titles - 02/23/11 08:06 AM

Hi all,

just some info for things to do in the area for family and friends if they are coming or you want to encourage them along. wink

There is the local Monthly Sunday Market right across the road from the Yacht Club in the morning eek . A number of wineries around the area and a boutique brewery sick.

Also it may be possible to organise a spectator boat, if people are interested, let us know on the forum or contact me or Tim. If you haven't been before, you can't view the racing from the club, the only land based viewing area is from Raymond Island, it costs to drive over on the ferry but you can walk for nothing.

Also Simon mentioned the Curry on his last visit, I am afraid there is no caterer at the club at the moment. But we can organise a group booking at local eateries (chinese etc) all in walking distance from the club, or order in Pizzas, up to what people want to do. confused

Re: 2011 State Titles - 02/23/11 05:44 PM

Hi Garry,

I know Em and the kids would be keen to see the racing on the water at least for a couple of hours (before the kids loose interest). So we would be keen to maybe pitch in for something.

Thanks also for the word on the market.....Em will be very happy.....my wallet wont be !!!!!

See you down there soon !!

Posted By: Darryn

Re: 2011 State Titles - 02/28/11 11:09 PM

There is a cabin available at Eaglepoint caravan park, I have canceled my trip over, to busy with other non sailing crap.

Darryn
Bullet,

Re: 2011 State Titles - 03/03/11 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by Darryn
There is a cabin available at Eaglepoint caravan park, I have canceled my trip over, to busy with other non sailing crap.

Darryn
Bullet,

Bugger mad I was looking forward to racing with you again, oh well, see you at the Nat's I guess. frown

Re: 2011 State Titles - 03/06/11 12:47 AM

Just a reminder to get your entries in before you leave for Paynesville at the weekend - saves time at registration.

Entry form

Any accommodation problems call me on 0400 666 486
Posted By: Simon C

Re: 2011 State Titles - 03/06/11 08:15 AM

Ok... so who's sailing in sunny Paynesville on the weekend? grin
Posted By: Peter_Foulsum

Re: 2011 State Titles - 03/06/11 09:05 AM

Hi Simon,

The Somers Yacht Club contingent barring any unforseen incidents crazy cry will be:

Matt Stone
Jeremy Pearse
Andrew Jamieson
ME. laugh

I haven't sailed/raced there since I was a kid so it will be interesting to return there. The last time I was there we camped on the foreshore and the Lightweight Sharpie crews got intoxicated and did some nasty things to the rest of the fleet in the middle of the night. blush shocked

There was also a large contingent of Rainbows so you can only guess how long ago it was. grin

Regards,

Peter

Re: 2011 State Titles - 03/06/11 10:07 AM

Hi Peter,

A "contingens formidabilis" if ever there was one!!

100% turn out for the McCrae Mozzies, wink

Same for the Rye fleet I hear smile

Who's on the Sugar Loaf team???

Bendigo?

Boga?

Posted By: GarryJ

Re: 2011 State Titles - 03/06/11 10:09 AM

Hi all.
The BEAR from lake Boga will be at Paynesville on the week end,looks like about an 8 hour drive for me,just as well I can take Friday off work, might have to take Tuesday off as well to get home,good thing I work for myself.

Re: 2011 State Titles - 03/06/11 07:48 PM

Hi All,

Full Rye contingent.

Luke Marthick (new Mossie sailor) and I will be there with families.

Can't wait !!!!

Posted By: Peter_Lyons

Re: 2011 State Titles - 03/07/11 04:15 AM

The Unsent Letter is ready to go.
Just have to get my act together now smile

Re: 2011 State Titles - 03/07/11 06:24 AM

Excellent news Peter.. That's 3 new boats at the Titles...

Will it cause a shake up at the top of the table? laugh

Will the glare from all those shiny new hulls put the local boys off? crazy

Or,

Will the butt end of the fleet look smarter and more expensive than it ever has before? sick

Not many sleeps till we find out!

P.S. Heard a rumour that a regular heavyweight campaigner has organised a faster ride for the weekend???
Posted By: Matt_Stone

Re: 2011 State Titles - 03/07/11 07:10 AM

thats funny i heard that rumour too!!!!

Re: 2011 State Titles - 03/07/11 10:39 AM

Hi Simon,

The rumour is true. laugh

Since the back end of the fleet was abandoning their old faithful Mozzies cry and getting brand new plastic fantastics I thought I should do so as well if only for the weekend. smile It will give my old Mozzie the weekend off; she needs the rest from all the beatings I give her.

I wonder what difference 24 kg mass reduction and more buoyancy/volume below the waterline will make. Only time will tell. wink

See you on Saturday.

Regards,

Peter

Re: 2011 State Titles - 03/07/11 10:58 AM

You'd better start saving up then!

If you go as well on a light boat as I think you will I reckon you're going to want one!! laugh

Re: 2011 State Titles - 03/09/11 03:50 AM

I figured out how to lose a few kilos before the weekend. I might even end up lighter than Gary! sick sick sick

Re: 2011 State Titles - 03/09/11 07:51 AM

geez Gary, you would think nobody ever drove from Paynesville to B whistleoga.

Re: 2011 State Titles - 03/09/11 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Peter_Foulsum
Hi Simon,

The Somers Yacht Club contingent barring any unforseen incidents crazy cry will be:

Matt Stone
Jeremy Pearse
Andrew Jamieson
ME. laugh

I haven't sailed/raced there since I was a kid so it will be interesting to return there. The last time I was there we camped on the foreshore and the Lightweight Sharpie crews got intoxicated and did some nasty things to the rest of the fleet in the middle of the night. blush shocked

There was also a large contingent of Rainbows so you can only guess how long ago it was. grin

Regards,

Peter

Hey Peter, we will have to compare notes, I used to camp on the foreshore back in the day, even had a Rainbow there for a while. Beleive me it is nothing like it was back then, you won't recognise the place.

Re: 2011 State Titles - 03/09/11 07:59 AM

Hey all,

look forward to welcoming you all, will be on Bar Duty Friday night for anybody that turns up early.

Forecast looks great, hope it gives at least one days sailing as good as last Sunday, one of the best ever.

Good to hear all the new boats coming, guess I will just have to battle on with my old girl wink 1760 must be 15yo or so by now.
Posted By: GarryJ

Re: 2011 State Titles - 03/09/11 08:31 AM

I'm not complaining Gary, because it will be a good weekend of sailing, you locals keep telling me it's a great place to sail,.Your old girl is not even of legal age yet.
With you on bar duty Friday night, thats a good reason to get there early.
Regards
Garry J
Mosquito 1785

Re: 2011 State Titles - 03/09/11 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Tim_Mozzie
I figured out how to lose a few kilos before the weekend. I might even end up lighter than Gary! sick sick sick

Hi Tim,

Hope you are over feeling green and are fit and well for the weekend. We would all hate to see you miss out or drop some races.

Regards,

Peter

Re: 2011 State Titles - 03/09/11 10:12 AM

Hi Gary,

I think it was 1969 or 1970. blush

Wind forecast for Gippsland Lakes looks great so far. cool

http://www.bom.gov.au/vic/forecasts/gippslandlakes.shtml

Who cares if there are showers forecast. whistle

See you there.

Regards,

Peter

Re: 2011 State Titles - 03/09/11 11:17 AM

Looks like I'm dropping a few last minute kilos as well.

Picked up the boat from the club tonight and the mast felt rather heavier than I remembered shocked. Thought I might be more out of condition than I suspected but on inspection, the plug was missing and I had about a metre of sand in it!! (*hit of a job getting it out cry )

There's probably a lesson in there somewhere about inspecting your boat after a swim!!

Gary, I'm sure you'll cope "just fine" with your ageing girl wink See you at the bar on Friday.

Cheers,

Re: 2011 State Titles - 03/10/11 01:46 AM

The perils of mast-up storage !!

I'm down two kilos so far - disappointing really since the last time I ate was Tuesday breakfast.

Hope you are over feeling green

Thanks Peter. Still green, but not so bad. Should be right by tomorrow - I am planning a monstrous breakfast!

Re: 2011 State Titles - 03/10/11 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by Tim_Mozzie

Hi Tim,

Hope you are over feeling green and are fit and well for the weekend. We would all hate to see you miss out or drop some races.

Regards,

Peter

I would be more worried about anybody staying at his place picking up what he's had eek I'd be getting the Glen 20 out. laugh

But seriously hope you are feeling better Tim.

Re: 2011 State Titles - 03/10/11 07:22 AM

Hi Gary,

I think it was 1969 or 1970. blush

Wind forecast for Gippsland Lakes looks great so far. cool

http://www.bom.gov.au/vic/forecasts/gippslandlakes.shtml

Who cares if there are showers forecast. whistle

See you there.

Regards,

Peter

Hi Pete,

69/70 was before the Rainbow, that wasn't until 71. Yeah the late 60's was huge, dad would have had a Fireball then and my older brother and I where on Northbridge Juniors, being given a hard time by all the Sabots, they used to tell us that we had to withdraw from the race if our booms hit the water, as when they capsized they sunk, race over. I think we spent more time tipping them over than anything else, they where so much fun. grin

Don't worry about the rain, with the tempatures and wind forecast I doubt it. Besides we have had more rain than we have had for ages in the last 24hrs. So we should have got the wet stuff out of the way by the time you get here. wink
Posted By: dkd

Re: 2011 State Titles - 03/10/11 11:15 PM

Morning all,

Rainbows bring back memories, fun and not saying what years but I digress.

All, I am looking for report from the Nationals for the next article please along with pics and friendly comments.

Also, will do the same for the Vic state titles if I can get the same information and pics please.

Please just email me whatever you have and I will get it written, proof read by usual people and published.

I will be overseas from next couple of weeks and then back for a bit before heading back to sea (work) and will do article while I am there.

Hope you all have a great weekend and competitive sailing.

David Nat Sec
Salpicon de Resplandor, 1744

Re: 2011 State Titles - 03/12/11 11:13 AM

Results are here as they unfold:

Mosquito & Arrow Vic States results

Re: 2011 State Titles - 03/14/11 06:54 AM

Well they're all over (results in the last post). Light winds throughout with a little bit of trapezing in the first two races. Six races like that over three days - much harder on the brain muscle than the other muscles. I hope everyone has a safe drive home.

Congratulations to winners Neil & David Joiner and Shannon Wilson, and also to junior (last time) Mitch Meade and Clap-hanger winner Matt Stone.

Looking forward to seeing you all back here in 2013.

Re: 2011 State Titles - 03/15/11 09:28 AM

Tim, the Mossie State Committee and the GLYC thank you so much for a great weekend, it was very well run, enjoyable and as always a great social atmosphere.

Congrats to the winners and all the place getters, you deserved it given the light and changeable conditions.

Plenty for Em and the kids to do while I was on the water, which made the weekend even better.

A great place for a Mossie regatta !!!

Can't wait for the next one there.

© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums