Catsailor.com

Master's Games Oct. Adelaide

Posted By: dkd

Master's Games Oct. Adelaide - 05/11/11 12:31 AM

All,

Just curious as to whether anyone has thought about the Master's Games to be held in Adelaide in October. Reason I ask is that I am looking for a LIGHT crew (and in the right age group) so I can sail Mk2 if not will have to sail Mk1 (not my preference) and also to see who else may be heading over or looking at a weeks sailing.

My intention is to sail but will be work dependant of course but maybe the work rostering god will shine on me and allow me to sail, we will see. Mk1 with the kite would be a new learning experience but with good weather any day sailing is better than work.

Would be nice to see a class of mossies there too. It is to have Cat division.

David,
Salpicon de Resplandor, 1744
Posted By: Darryn

Re: Master's Games Oct. Adelaide - 05/11/11 04:18 AM

I have already signed on for that one, its a good event, sailed Masters games last time they were in Adelaide. Bunch of Vic Mozzy sailors came over, unfortunately I was the only SA Mozzy. Adelaide sailing club runs the event.

Darryn
Posted By: Petern

Re: Master's Games Oct. Adelaide - 05/11/11 06:02 AM

There has been some conversation about going to the master`s between Garry J tim and myself but nothing has been finalized.We will be meeting at the sauna sail and planing the trip.
Peter N
Posted By: Matt_Stone

Re: Master's Games Oct. Adelaide - 05/11/11 07:20 AM

do u have to be over the age, i wanna go, but if i cant sail my boat ill be ya crew david
Posted By: Darryn

Re: Master's Games Oct. Adelaide - 05/11/11 07:40 AM

More info, minimum age 35, no maximum grin
http://australianmastersgames.com.au/Extra.asp?id=122
Darryn
Posted By: Tim_Mozzie

Re: Master's Games Oct. Adelaide - 10/26/11 07:17 AM

Six Mozzies had the pleasure of 7 races at Adelaide sailing club a couple of weeks ago. It started with the ASC opening day race in a fresh breeze and lumpy sea and the wind strength gradually dropped as the week progressed. As the wind dropped the current became more interesting!

As usual the Mozzies enjoyed themselves. A few reds and whites were consumed sick and a USB-stick-measuring competition was conducted - which Peter won convincingly wink

Results are here.

and the photos are here.
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums