Catsailor.com

cheap mossie

Posted By: Sixth Element

cheap mossie - 05/15/11 11:22 AM

hi all, anyone want a cheap mossie found it on ebay, mossies are worth more than 1 cent its sad.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mosquito-Catamaran-16ft-/290565865875?pt=AU_Boats&hash=item43a7134193
Posted By: Phillip

Re: cheap mossie - 05/23/11 01:32 AM

Although Sail# displayed is 1721, boat is older as this hull# is the Ultimate, a SA boat. Still for $400?....
Posted By: Rebel without a Clew

Re: cheap mossie - 05/24/11 12:10 PM

Can't see Allan parting with 1721, "The Ultimate" any time soon, but a sail from that boat has made it to the mosquito advertised on ebay.
Roy.
Rebel without a Clew 1770,
Normanville Sailing Club
Posted By: dkd

Re: cheap mossie - 05/25/11 11:04 PM

All,

Guess we all knew that it was not 1721 but just a sail from her past.

She has been sold and is heading for a SE sailing club. Her original number is 707.

My guess is we will see her out sailing at the nationals.

Sometimes you just have to ask.

David
Salpicon de Resplandor, 1744
Posted By: JeffS

Re: cheap mossie - 05/26/11 12:01 AM

I knew she was 707 unfortunately she won't be at the Nationals.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: cheap mossie - 05/26/11 04:49 AM

Have you added her to your fleet Jeff?

Re: cheap mossie - 05/26/11 08:36 AM

Yep my daughters going to sail it at the club and I'm going to stack it on top of my Nacra 5.8 when my daughter wants to sail the SA Off The Beach catamaran series with me next year. We have more ex juniors pushing for crew spots than we have boats so we're having to get them into their own senior cats sooner than I expected to keep them interested. It will look a lot better by the time she starts sailing it.
Posted By: dkd

Re: cheap mossie - 05/26/11 11:03 PM

Congrats Jeff and great to see younger ones into mossies.

There was a time when it was the accreddited intermediate cat so a great step.

I, personally did not know anything of the SA Off the Beach Cat series so when you know more of next seasons schedule can you please advise everyone, it would be great to see the mossies join such a series. What better way to showcase and promote the class than a good series.

David (Nat Sec)
Salpicon de Resplandor, 1744 (and other boats)

Re: cheap mossie - 05/27/11 02:12 PM

The SA Mozzys organised their own series Dave, I know they organised a last minute regatta at the same time as our Earthmovers race so I wont be trying to contact them, better to let everyone race where they want to. Your class president can let you know why I wont be at the Nationals
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: cheap mossie - 05/29/11 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by JeffS
Yep my daughters going to sail it at the club and I'm going to stack it on top of my Nacra 5.8 when my daughter wants to sail the SA Off The Beach catamaran series with me next year. We have more ex juniors pushing for crew spots than we have boats so we're having to get them into their own senior cats sooner than I expected to keep them interested. It will look a lot better by the time she starts sailing it.

Hi Jeff,

good on you for keeping another old Mossie going and getting another Junior in to the class. Bit of work fixing them up, but it's worth it to see the kids sailing. cool

Re: cheap mossie - 12/24/11 09:18 AM

Merry Christmas guys, we finally had the weather to get the juniors going on the Mozzy thanks to the Mozzy guys that let me source sails etc from them, heres photos of the party boat

Attached picture IMG_8071 - Copy.jpg
Attached picture IMG_8185.jpg
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums