Catsailor.com

Cat Challenge

Posted By: Petern

Cat Challenge - 10/19/11 10:16 PM

Hi all
On Oct 29th Loch Sport is running a long distance race of 20 to 30 nautical miles on lake Victoria. Loch Sport boat club invites all OTB cats to participate.If any one is interested in coming please reply on the forum.
Peter N
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Cat Challenge - 10/24/11 05:42 AM

Hi Pete,

I'm finally able to get back on the forum, hope it is working for others to.

I will be at Loch Sport with bells on, love a long race. Hope it is like yesterday, a beautiful day sailing on the Lakes. grin
Posted By: Tim_Mozzie

Re: Cat Challenge - 10/26/11 10:05 PM

1pm start. This weekend.

I am planning to be there. I will probably drive down Saturday morning before the race.

Re: Cat Challenge - 10/27/11 07:25 AM

Im heading over Friday night to see if I can work on my handicap in the club bar sick. I believe Pete is Barman.

Forecast is looking ok.
Posted By: Matt_Stone

Re: Cat Challenge - 10/28/11 06:29 AM

interested, but not sure if i can make it
Posted By: MitchB

Re: Cat Challenge - 10/30/11 09:25 AM

How did it go?
Posted By: JeffS

Re: Cat Challenge - 10/30/11 10:30 AM

Sorry wrong thread I was still hungover
Posted By: Tim_Mozzie

Re: Cat Challenge - 10/30/11 11:19 AM

confused

Re: Cat Challenge - 10/31/11 07:00 AM

I think Jeff is talking about the event in SA, which some western Vic boats may have attended.

I am guessing Mitch was asking about the Cat Challenge at Loch Sport which is what this thread is about and apparently he was too hung over to attend sick . Making that assumption confused.

I had a good day at Loch Sport Cat Challenge and thanks to Pulse Credit Union, came away with the winners cheque for $100. grin Matt Stone pushed me all the way but, never passed me after I passed him shortly after the start. Course was very fast, lots of reaching, without spinnakers as wind was gusting around 20knots+ in parts cool. Didn't notice the rain too much frown as there was so much spray around wink . Local knowledge meant Pete headed straight for the out of sight marks, but Matt and I managed to head for where he was pointing and stay between him and the marks, sorry Pete cry.

Had good time at the BBQ Saturday night, Great Steak smile , plenty of old sailors around, talking about the old days, shown some amazing footage of some of the crowds on the beach at local events in the past, Ski Races etc. Chatting with "Duck" DeLange about the cross over of sailing families we have known since the 60's and other Yvonne sailors, looks like we may have to watch out for the Yvonnes in the future, they have reduced minimum weight to 110kg I think it was :o, so they are all pulling out lead and the antique furniture wink.

Thanks to Pete for a great weekend grin , unrivalled hospitality as allways. Topped it off with a good sail at home in Paynesville on Sunday in even more wind grin grin .

Posted By: MitchB

Re: Cat Challenge - 10/31/11 07:34 AM

Sounds good Gary! The annual race they put on for Trailables has been a good affair for the past few years smile

I was hoping to make it! Unfortunately there was a spot going on the Green Boat ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy-Rla7cwlY
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums