Catsailor.com

Gippsland Lakes YC Opening

Posted By: Anonymous

Gippsland Lakes YC Opening - 09/24/12 09:06 AM

Hi all,

if racing hasn't started at your club by the 6th and 7th of October, here is a chance to get some early practice in for the nationals.

Saturday afternoon 1 short race, Sunday afternoon 2 races back to back, we can find places to stay for anybody that wants to come for the weekend.

Re: Gippsland Lakes YC Opening - 09/30/12 05:51 AM

Hi all,

entry will be $15 a day.

Regards,
Gary.

Re: Gippsland Lakes YC Opening - 10/08/12 09:47 AM

Hey Matt,

sorry you couldn't make it, you all missed a great weekend sailing. 3 spinnaker Mossies Tim, Mitch and me, Nick with out.

Saturday dead flat water with wind building from 8 to 15 knots, spinnaker heaven. grin Just enough puff to finaly bring the end for Mitch's second hand red kite (I think it was Pete's original, who knows how old.) Also enough for the only non spinnaker Mossie to capsize blush and after getting it back up, have the forestay rope break and mast come down. crazy

Then Sunday 2 races back to back, more challenging 12 to 20 knots. Some wild rides where had, awesome sailing. cool With Nick cat rigged pushing the spinnaker mossies around the course, big improvement on Saturday grin .
Posted By: Matt_Stone

Re: Gippsland Lakes YC Opening - 10/09/12 08:36 AM

damn it, work gets in the way. craving it bad now.
Matt
Posted By: mitchellsailor

Re: Gippsland Lakes YC Opening - 10/10/12 01:42 PM

Thanks to Gary for letting me borrow his kite for the next 2 weeks til mr Irwin pays visit wink
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums