Catsailor.com

Sauna Sail Entries

Posted By: Anonymous

Sauna Sail Entries - 05/11/13 09:50 AM

Hi all Vics,

Entry for the Sauna Sail is now open, lets make Mossies the biggest fleet again, it's fun seeing the other classes cringe blush
Have to get moving though, at the moment there are more Sons of Mosquito's than Mossies, just make sure that you give the full desciption of which of the 4 variants of Mossie you are sailing, they all have different Yardsticks now. sick

Find the link for entries here http://www.lvyc.org.au/
Posted By: Tim_Mozzie

Re: Sauna Sail Entries - 05/14/13 07:59 AM

I've put my entry in and we're still outnumbered by one mad

Posted By: Tim_Mozzie

Re: Sauna Sail Entries - 05/16/13 06:14 AM

That's better. Mozzies are back in front. Go Mozzie!
Eight entries so far.

Mosquito-biased entry list

Re: Sauna Sail Entries - 05/16/13 08:06 AM

Tim you kill me grin crazy

Re: Sauna Sail Entries - 05/19/13 06:52 AM

"at this stage i may not be able to make it to sauna sail, but im going to push for it, hobie or mossie i dont want to miss it,

Matt"

It's one thing to not make it to the Sauna Sail, but what is this H for heavy stuff sick .
What's up Matt? Don't want to sail in the biggest fleet at the Sauna Sail wink Competition too tuff for you confused.
Posted By: Haz_Mann

Re: Sauna Sail Entries - 05/26/13 08:00 AM

Sorry guys,
Which Mosquito is which.
I am entering just by myself-no crew, so, do I enter as a mosquito or mosquitocat??
Thanks
Harry
Posted By: air_apparent

Re: Sauna Sail Entries - 05/27/13 03:37 AM

Hi Harry just enter as a mosquito cat

Re: Sauna Sail Entries - 05/28/13 07:52 AM

Tell me it's not true, Air Apparent a A-class cry. What's going on? you want to be beaten around the course by Mossies with spinnakers confused
Posted By: Matt_Stone

Re: Sauna Sail Entries - 05/28/13 10:43 AM

and gary, sorry to spill the beans but im not there this year to beat you. maybe another year you can try haha.

Matt
Posted By: Nic M

Re: Sauna Sail Entries - 05/28/13 12:27 PM

Yes, some unhappy Mossie sailors at Rye Garry hahaha !!!!! although Gordon tells us he will still sail the Mossie occasionally. Nevertheless it looks like we may have a regular fleet of 4-5 mossies at Rye next year and then Gordon when we can convince him to park the A.

Re: Sauna Sail Entries - 05/28/13 01:16 PM

gary..not sure with our new mossie handicap you'll be beating anyone, even kate who was going to sail the mossie is now sailing a taipan this year at hazelwood.. and Matt what the go "mister mossie president" moving to QLD??

Re: Sauna Sail Entries - 05/29/13 08:13 AM

So Gordon, what A class have you got? and which yardstick does it race under confused I'm willing to take on A's at any Mossie Yardstick wink

Re: Sauna Sail Entries - 05/30/13 10:36 AM

gary, its a flyer design no curved boards or anything like that. new condition hardly sailed, still want to do national with kate in SA and I am hoping kate will start to sail more on the mossie next year

Re: Sauna Sail Entries - 05/31/13 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by air_apparent
gary, its a flyer design no curved boards or anything like that. new condition hardly sailed, still want to do national with kate in SA and I am hoping kate will start to sail more on the mossie next year

Nice very nice cool , one of those bargains that was too good to ignore no doubt, must be the time of year for new toys. I just picked up a new sailboard that was too much of a bargain to pass by, it's a Starboard Futura 131 carbon, 500mm fin, 8.6m sail hopefully will get flying in 10 knots + grin, don't think I will take it to the Sauna Sail though, Sauna Sail is Mossie Heaven wink .

Re: Sauna Sail Entries - 06/15/13 09:00 AM

Hi all,

well as I predicted, Sauna Sail was Mossie heaven grin . In Div 2 for not so fast cats (not my words) Mossie cat rig first and Sloop second. Then in Div 8 Spinnaker cats, Mossie cat rigged with spinnaker 1st, 2nd & 3rd.

Not sure about Div 2, but Div 8 the Mossies just loved the light shifty conditions, which the bigger cats found hard to keep moving in, in fact Mossies (slowest rated boats in the division) got line honours in all races. cry
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums