Catsailor.com

Mozzie sailing in Melbourne

Posted By: Beckit 1824

Mozzie sailing in Melbourne - 07/04/13 02:09 AM

For anyone sailing in the Melbourne region, Rye Yacht Club on the Mornington Peninsula may have up to 7 mozzies sailing on Sundays this season. The club has a large grass area for rigging and launching, and the races are single or back to back triangle or gate courses. Other members and guests are welcome to join one of the largest groups of mozzies in the area.

Luke
Club Captain RYC
Beckit 1824
Posted By: Simon C

Re: Mozzie sailing in Melbourne - 07/04/13 04:52 AM

Will any of them be going fast? smile
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Mozzie sailing in Melbourne - 07/04/13 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by Simon C
Will any of them be going fast? smile
Hey Simon, do you mean fast compared to you confused Or actualy FAST cry

Sorry couldn't help myself whistle , just to big a opening grin

Re: Mozzie sailing in Melbourne - 07/04/13 08:43 AM

Nice come back Gary :-) the door was left ajar deliberately ....still waiting for Luke so I could mention how far behind the boys usually are when I sail down to join them! Hence my question :-)

Re: Mozzie sailing in Melbourne - 07/04/13 01:40 PM

There is no free wine if that's what you mean. Should be Gordon, Nic myself, Tim who just bought Peter Foulsoms old boat, Phil ws, doug Matthews who is new to mozzies but won the nsw paper tiger titles a few years back and still weighs 70 kg wringing wet and Peter Lyons is looking at joining. Doug looked at 'hagar' but is still looking for a boat, perhaps new. We also get trevor visit a fair bit. Should be enough for you to follow as long as we don't get too far ahead, but we will give directions on the way past for the next lap.
You would love Tim's boat as it is Mccrae colours to match your boom.

Re: Mozzie sailing in Melbourne - 07/05/13 12:47 AM

That's better Luke!

I'm getting the feeling that people think I don't take my racing seriously shocked Nothing could be further from the truth... In fact, at our post Sauna Sail luncheon meeting, Steve and I conceded a report on the Mozzy website that our "tactic of trying to win the series with just one race might have been flawed", may have had some truth to it. We have resolved to "double" our efforts for next year! The plan is to do two races! So... be afraid!!

In an effort to provide further proof of my "seriousness" about all things racing, I will be awarding a special prize at the Cat Champs this year. I'm calling it the "Southern Peninsula Inter-Galactic Mozzy Challenge". You have to be a member of Rye or McCrae to be eligble and a slight bias will be shown to any boat sporting Blue and Yellow.... Oh, and you have to actually turn up! smirk

Re: Mozzie sailing in Melbourne - 07/05/13 02:42 AM

I' ll get a west coast jersey especially for the event. Maybe could incorporate the 90 kg minimum weight. I want to see Trevor with a bag of cement hanging off him
Posted By: Trevor

Re: Mozzie sailing in Melbourne - 07/09/13 01:07 PM

90kg!!! - I wouldn't be able to walk around with that much extra weight hanging off me.

I am a finely tuned athlete, not a pack horse.

Re: Mozzie sailing in Melbourne - 07/09/13 02:10 PM

We could put it on Eliza. I'm sure she wouldn't whinge as much. You would be used to a girl carrying the weight onboard wouldn't you trev?

Re: Mozzie sailing in Melbourne - 07/10/13 01:26 PM

That is the purpose of having a crew, all I should have to do is steer and give directions

Re: Mozzie sailing in Melbourne - 07/10/13 02:27 PM

Looking stoically to the horizon, receiving all the accolades, oh and some fine print about going down with the ship. I'm eagerly waiting for Eliza's response to send you meekly on your way, or does she just give you the 'look' and shake her head at you like my wife does?

Re: Mozzie sailing in Melbourne - 07/14/13 01:59 PM

Quietly thinking she is not on this forum whistle
Posted By: air_apparent

Re: Mozzie sailing in Melbourne - 07/15/13 12:23 AM

You should send her a invite Trevor!
I would like to see Luke get shot down..........
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums