Catsailor.com

Boards wanted

Posted By: Greg/Debra

Boards wanted - 10/14/13 11:27 PM

Hi all,

I am after a pair of boards for Mossie - Boyer, Taipan or similar. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Greg.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Boards wanted - 10/15/13 08:29 PM

There is a set of boards on the A-class website. Before you hand over your cash get them to confirm they are at least 20mm thick.

If you're really desperate I have a spare set of Taipan boards but they need work and aren't for sale so I'll want reasonable funds for them.

Re: Boards wanted - 10/17/13 10:04 AM

Hi Scarecrow, I have sent you a PM regarding the boards.

Greg.

Re: Boards wanted - 10/21/13 03:13 AM

[Linked Image]
this foil from Fastacraft would make an awesome Mossie daggerboard. Only issue is it won't fully fill the case when pulled up.
Posted By: Hairy M

Re: Boards wanted - 10/30/13 02:59 AM

is there any other suppliers out there at all need new daggerboards asap

Re: Boards wanted - 10/30/13 07:09 AM

Try posting wanted adds on the a class and taipan websites. Otherwise AHPC is probably the quickest and easiest. How big are viper boards? You could also try brett at wind rush, he has a few random foil moulds.
Posted By: Sixth Element

Re: Boards wanted - 10/30/13 07:43 PM

JK Fibreglass in Bendigo would be able to do something for you, he makes the new mossies and associated boards. he also has a variety of other boats, a class, taipan etc.

Re: Boards wanted - 10/31/13 12:14 AM

Just noticed in a post over at sailing anarchy that the original nacra infusion boards were 9" (230mm) chord which with normal ratios would make them between 20.5 and 23mm thick (smack bang in the middle of your class limits). They will be too long, but it is very easy to cut the top of a board. The advantage with these boards is when they were upgraded the chord reduced (unlike the C2) which means that boats that have been changed to suit the new boards can't use the old ones as a spare without first taking a grinder to the boat so anyone who has upgraded should be willing to let them go at a reasonable price. It would be worth contacting the Brisbane catamaran centre to see if they know of any sitting around and/or posting a wanted ad on the F18 forum.
Posted By: Phillip

Re: Boards wanted - 11/20/13 11:33 AM

These were listed 2 days ago on ebay.
Someone in Vic please get them!!
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/burwood-east/sail-boats/mosquito-catamaran-centreboards/1032239875
Oops, see 'Market Place' by Pirate also listed.

Re: Boards wanted - 12/22/13 12:22 AM

I saw those boards, but too late and missed out on them.
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums