Catsailor.com

Mozzie Daggerboard Cleats

Posted By: Matt Warne

Mozzie Daggerboard Cleats - 11/21/13 11:00 PM

Hey Guys

Does anyone know were I can find some cleats that are used to hold the dagger boards up. I have some that are worn out and need to replace them.

Thanks

Matt Warne
Posted By: Phillip

Re: Mozzie Daggerboard Cleats - 11/22/13 11:56 AM

Photo of the cam cleat I use, placed on the inner side of the box. This enables the boards to be lifted from the opposite hull, cleating immediately. SS plate under it is to prevent wear on the edge of the timber from the 3mm lift line.
[Linked Image]
Line ends in the c/board hole, i.e. single purchase. Some bring the line up to the deck on the outer side giving a 2:1 purchase, but more line required and pull through.
A small piece of quality (rubber) non-skid tape placed on the side of the board at a strategic point at the top creates sufficient friction at the deck level to hold the board down. It only need a quick pull on the line to break that friction and lift the board. Keeping the line cleated at all times, even when down, prevents the board falling out of the case in the event of capsize.
Posted By: Pirate

Re: Mozzie Daggerboard Cleats - 11/22/13 12:25 PM

I've been doing some buying from this eBay seller of late and I have found them to be excellent in customer service....

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/psmarine...amp;_from=&_ipg=25&_trksid=p3692

cool
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums