No Sauna Sail this year!
What will we do instead?

CANCELLATION OF THE 2014 SAUNA SAIL
Posted By: JeffS

Re: Sauna Sail - 04/01/14 07:05 AM

Go to Lake Hope with the Lake Eyre Yacht Club
Posted By: Simon C

Re: Sauna Sail - 04/01/14 07:39 AM

What am I going to do with that case of Shiraz I bought for the event.... oh... I Know smile
Posted By: air_apparent

Re: Sauna Sail - 04/01/14 10:37 AM

shock! horror! > simon we need to think of something to help out with that Shiraz
Posted By: Tash

Re: Sauna Sail - 04/01/14 10:55 AM

What now?!
Posted By: Simon C

Re: Sauna Sail - 04/01/14 11:51 AM

I've got it Gordon,

Let's have a Mozzie Fest at Rye.

No sails.... We just put the boats in the water, sit on them for a couple of hours, then pack up and go to the pub. It will be just like the Sauna Sail only dryer and we won't need any volunteers for patrol boats.

At the end of the weekend we can give a pub glass or two to some people we don''t know. We'd all have to wear our beanies though to give it that authentic feeling.
Posted By: Pirate

Re: Sauna Sail - 04/01/14 08:35 PM

some twit starts a fire,
they use the lake water to put out the fire,
the water levels drop significantly,
blue/green algae blooms more often and with more intensity

That's a story I can apply to a dozen odd lakes locally shocked

only instead of a fire its shires using the water for road construction etc etc.....
Lake Bolac for example is being drained by the tanker load by Arrat/Stawell shire on a daily basis, a local told me that on average they take around 4 tanker loads a day, 7 days a week
eek
Posted By: Tim_Mozzie

Re: Sauna Sail - 04/01/14 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Simon C
I've got it Gordon,

Let's have a Mozzie Fest at Rye.

No sails.... We just put the boats in the water, sit on them for a couple of hours, then pack up and go to the pub. It will be just like the Sauna Sail only dryer and we won't need any volunteers for patrol boats.

At the end of the weekend we can give a pub glass or two to some people we don't know. We'd all have to wear our beanies though to give it that authentic feeling.

Sounds like you will have the NoR ready soon Simon.
Posted By: Nic M

Re: Sauna Sail - 04/02/14 01:27 AM

I'm in crazy
Posted By: Trevor

Re: Sauna Sail - 04/02/14 09:47 PM

Let us know when the entries are online - I'm up for that grin
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Sauna Sail - 04/04/14 10:16 AM

Better idea, stick to visiting the Latrobe Valley, but make it the weekend around 15th June confused .

Why don't you all join Tim and I at the Traralgon Marathon Festival cry You'll need more than one case of Shiraz though. sick
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums