Catsailor.com

Lake Wivenhoe Marathon Regatta - Queens Birthday Weekend

Posted By: tsamson

Lake Wivenhoe Marathon Regatta - Queens Birthday Weekend - 04/20/14 11:29 AM

Hi All,

My first post here. I've got 1756 Fast Energy. Lake Wivenhoe Marathon Regatta (Brisbane) is on over Queens Birthday weekend.

Got 2 confirmed boats, possibly 3. Anyone else interested in creating a swarm there..........
Posted By: fast energy

Re: Lake Wivenhoe Marathon Regatta - Queens Birthday Weekend - 04/20/14 12:11 PM

yes I will be there
I did attend last year and was a good weekend
the first day we had a around the buoys racing with some good dinner put on by the local scout group
then on the second day we had a marathon down the lake around a island down to the western side (Ithink )
and did that twice
great race race on some nice flat water
great weekend
as tony said it would good to get all QLD Mosquito's out
maybe drew could put some info on the web site if he is available
Posted By: Dave M

Re: Lake Wivenhoe Marathon Regatta - Queens Birthday Weekend - 04/21/14 09:04 AM

Hi Guys.

I will be there as well.so that will make three definite boats. How is the new boat going Brett. Hope it is as good as it looks. I'm in the middle of a respray and a new rig fit out on my cat.

Dave. 1724.
Posted By: fast energy

Re: Lake Wivenhoe Marathon Regatta - Queens Birthday Weekend - 04/21/14 10:34 AM

all is good
the new boat has had a few brake downs
I think I can only sail at club events which has rescue boats as I am often limping or being toed home
how is the new mast section going and spinnaker gear going
will you have this readly for Wivenhoe
good to here from the Queenslanders
Posted By: Dave M

Re: Lake Wivenhoe Marathon Regatta - Queens Birthday Weekend - 04/21/14 11:04 AM

The Mast is finished. I've used some parts from the old mast and changes some of the control lines. With the spinnaker ,I'm waiting for the snuffer and bag to be made. The boat will be ready before the winter marathon.

Dave.
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums