Catsailor.com

Posted By: Alan Erlandsen

Newbie - 03/26/15 10:55 AM

Hi Everyone, I have recently purchased 1682 from the Gold Coast and I am living in Brisbane. We have joined Lake Samsonvale Water Sports Club and will sail there. Big water supply dam only 10 min from home. Have all ready met up with Dave Madden and have annoyed the crap out of him with dumb questions. The boat is currently cat rigged but I will be sailing as a sloop with my favourite son Jake. We are from the 'too much weight not enough sail' school of sailing. Looking forward to a few road trips next year, not afraid of drive. Good to see Dave is going to Lake Boga, great regatta, went there every Easter for about 10 years as a young fella in Heron's then with an Elwood Junior. Ahh the 70"s. Maybe we will make an appearance next year after I figure out what all the ropes are for. Alan
Posted By: Mark_Pfennig

Re: Newbie - 03/26/15 12:48 PM

Welcome to the swarm Alan.
I like your comment of 'To much weight not enough sail'
If you end up talkin with Gary from Gibsland he will tell you that 'Fat is fast' laugh
Posted By: Dave M

Re: Newbie - 03/26/15 09:09 PM

Hi Alan.
Good to see you join us on the forum .How is the progress on you new tramp going.

Re: Newbie - 03/26/15 10:28 PM

Thanks Mark, Gary and I could perhaps talk about that over some donuts.
Tramps finished Dave, just have to slip up and pick it up next week. Rus is talking about making a one piece carbon fiber jib for it as well. Enjoy Lake Boga, definately the best regatta that I ever went to. Watch out for the Fireballs, they are all mad you know.
Posted By: Matthew Dawson

Re: Newbie - 03/27/15 08:22 AM

Enjoy! I used to sail an Elwood Junior too. 😃
Posted By: Greg/Debra

Re: Newbie - 03/27/15 11:05 AM

Hi Alan,

Great to see another Mossie sailing North of the Murray River.

Have you thought about coming to the Nationals (29/12/15 - 3/1/16) at Rye? After attending the Nats at Speers Point this year we can vouch that the Mossie Nationals are a fun event for all.

Regards,
Greg & Debra.

Re: Newbie - 03/29/15 01:52 AM

Hi Greg/Debra, I thought I might drag myself down. Going to see Mum in Melb for Christmas so I'll take the boat. I rang up to book a campsite last week at Rye and the lady laughed at me. Apparently a popular spot that week over New Years. Have to figure out plan B.
Regards Alan
Posted By: Matt_Stone

Re: Newbie - 03/29/15 10:15 AM

Keep ears and eyes open, could be a house and a back yard available in rye,
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums