Catsailor.com

Laser mast dimensions, please help.

Posted By: Wouter

Laser mast dimensions, please help. - 10/05/07 09:42 AM

There is an obvious error in my mast measurements of the laser mast and I don't have easy access to a laser-1 mast.

Can anyone on this forum measure their Laser-1 mast for me, especially the bottom section that goes into the socket. I had forgotten to measure the depth of the socket so can you measure that too ?

I'm interested in the diameter of each section, the wallthickness, the overall length and the length of the overlap. Please use a venier tool to measure the diameter and especially the wallthickness.

I don't have access to a laser radial of laser 4.7 rig and I'm sure a different mast is used for at least one of these. Can someone also measure these for me if they can.

I'm trying to design the F12 so it can take the laser rigs. Not as standard but as a fall back option when money is tights and second hand laser rigs are cheap to get by a potential F12 owner.

Wouter
Posted By: Luiz

Re: Laser mast dimensions, please help. - 10/05/07 11:53 PM

Wouter,

The Laser class Rules will certainly provide you not only the measurements, but also the tolerances. They are easy to download from http://www.laserinternational.org/rules/rules07.pdf
Posted By: Wouter

Re: Laser mast dimensions, please help. - 10/06/07 11:25 AM

Thanks alot,

I'm still missing some important measurements like mast diameters and wall thickness but not many. These class rules sure do help.

Normally One-Design class rules are uninformative, mostly it just endless repetition says "Anything you buy from is me is legal, rest isn't", these laser rules are thankfully not like that. ALthough it does still compare to reading the phone book.

Thanks again Luiz

Wouter
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums