Catsailor.com

Lack of news

Posted By: ncik

Lack of news - 07/16/09 10:59 PM

There hasn't been much activity on here for ages. Hopefully that means ppl are building new boats. Anyone with new news?
Posted By: grob

Re: Lack of news - 07/17/09 08:11 AM

Just to let you all know that I have sailed my own design of rotomoulded F12. There is still some work to do but I have been busy with a new baby, other sailing related things, business trips etc. Sorry its not a great picture. But at least its proof that things are progressing.
[Linked Image]

All the best

Gareth
Posted By: Gato

Re: Lack of news - 07/17/09 10:03 AM

I’m not exactly new news, but still going strong. There has been an article on the F12 in the Finnish multihull revue.

[Linked Image]

The Tabby in action

Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Lack of news - 07/18/09 04:21 AM

Gato,

I like the new main, if you don't mind me asking how much did it set you back?

Re: Lack of news - 07/18/09 08:17 AM

The new main is from North Sails also, made in Sri Lanka. It’s made in a lighter cloth and it’s really nice. Price tag in Finland 450 euros.
The DS 12 has received a new tramp but apart from that there has been no problems so far.

Posted By: ncik

Re: Lack of news - 07/20/09 02:30 AM

Wow, looking good Gato! Love the look of the tabby, but did it have to be pink? hehe. How is it performing?

Rotomoulded F12! More details?

Re: Lack of news - 07/24/09 04:24 AM

Pink?? I would never dream of painting the cat pink. It's violet!!
Performing, well fast, fun, easy to handle.
Posted By: Rolf_Nilsen

Re: Lack of news - 07/24/09 01:19 PM

Color scheme was really cool in my opinion! Refreshing to see something out of the ordinary white.
Posted By: JeffS

Re: Lack of news - 07/25/09 11:52 PM

Its sad you don't like pink but you may learn to like it after my daughter starts sailing hers.
regards
Posted By: Ross

Re: Lack of news - 07/30/09 10:11 AM

Gato, is that you on the boat or another adult? If so, looks to be plenty bouyant enough and moving well from what this picture shows.

Re: Lack of news - 08/02/09 02:40 PM

I have nothing against pink cats (I like the Pink Panther), but I would not paint my cat pink, it doesn’t mach my bike. how is the building proceeding?
Ross, It’s me (75kg) on the cat. If I had a child I would absolutely build one.

Posted By: Ross

Re: Lack of news - 08/09/09 12:51 PM

Gato,

Looks GREAT! Do you think the platform and hulls are stiff enough to be able to put a jib on? Ang I assume that is one of your home built carbon masts. Good to hold a kite?

Cheers
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Lack of news - 08/11/09 05:20 AM

Ross,

The carbon masts should handle a kite but they'll need leach support like most cat masts. The DS12 drawings have a detail for a small amount of extra glass is the fwd sub floor for those lookign to use a kite or jib. It shouldn't really be necessary but the boat will staill make min weight so why not. Check with ncik about the tabby.

Re: Lack of news - 08/12/09 11:21 AM

Both the DS12 and the Tabby I have built can take a kite or a jib. Thats the nice thing about homebuilding you can make what you want.
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums