Catsailor.com

Still need Marstrom info

Posted By: dave mosley

Still need Marstrom info - 02/04/09 08:08 PM

I have a 98 Marstrom that I bought unrigged, and I still dont think I have it all rigged right, or at least up to date. I saw some pix recently with a boat at the Intergalactics, but I could'nt quite see what all was going on with the rigging. I've searched the martsrom site and requested info, but no one has responded to any of my emails from marstom. Does.nt make me want to ever buy anything from them if thier customer service is that poor, but maybe I dont speak the language...
Does anyone have any Marstrom pix or info ?

Thanks
Posted By: Team_Cat_Fever

Re: Still need Marstrom info - 02/04/09 09:46 PM

Maybe Chris Ford or Mark Schneider could send you pics of their boats.
Posted By: Mark Schneider

Re: Still need Marstrom info - 02/04/09 10:47 PM

Sorry, I have a Flyer,

Mike Faber, Dave Neece and Chris Ford have the Marstroms.

Mike might have some photo's of his rigging. Chris is not on the forum.
Posted By: LuckyDuck

Re: Still need Marstrom info - 02/04/09 10:57 PM

Dave. What in particular are you interested in? I live close to the club and will be there Sat. Of the three Marstroms I don't know how many are there at the moment. If I remember at work tomorrow I'll send you their email addresses. Ed

Re: Still need Marstrom info - 02/04/09 11:20 PM

Thanks guys, I need over rotator(the blocks on the tramps are my primary interest) and the rotator control on the boom(mine is missing)

Thanks!

What about Spring Fever guys? Tommy Whiteside is 2 weeks before, leave your boat down at our club and drive thru on your way to Spring fever for double your fun. We might even be able to transport it for you to SF from Columbia, let me know.

Tommy Whiteside memorial Regatta March 28-29, Lake Murray SC, www.columbiasailingclub.org

Re: Still need Marstrom info - 02/05/09 12:42 AM

Chris Brown is already lobbying for a trip to SF. Mark, you should go again this year. You can bring the whine. :-)
Posted By: dacarls

Re: Still need Marstrom info - 02/05/09 04:54 AM

contact Mike Baker, Jacksonville FL, who has mostly put a Marstrom back together this winter.
mike baker <mikekbaker@gmail.com>

Re: Still need Marstrom info - 02/06/09 09:17 PM

Dave. Did Mike get Brett's boat with the chute?

Re: Still need Marstrom info - 02/07/09 01:56 AM

Brett's Marstrom was still available 5 weeks ago- $8K. Looked pretty good. I think Baker's is Mike Phillips boat from Miami- before that it was busted in Houston in a hurricane and before that it was Martin Hamilton's.

Re: Still need Marstrom info - 02/07/09 02:39 AM

Thanks Dave. We have one of Martin's Marstroms up here. Mike F had it spruced up by Lars. We have many interesting names for it now. Ed
Posted By: Mark Schneider

Re: Still need Marstrom info - 02/07/09 05:20 AM

Chris Brown is already lobbying for a trip to SF. Mark, you should go again this year. You can bring the whine. :-)

Nah.. been there... done that... not worth it my two cents

Re: Still need Marstrom info - 02/07/09 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by dacarls
Brett's Marstrom was still available 5 weeks ago- $8K. Looked pretty good. I think Baker's is Mike Phillips boat from Miami- before that it was busted in Houston in a hurricane and before that it was Martin Hamilton's.

Brett's boat was for sale for 15K with chute, that would be a good deal for someone.

I may have that Miami/Houston boat, Ive heard it came from Houston, and was hit by lightning, but thats all I really know about it. It supoosedly came over with Goran with the 1998(?) worlds/NA's and then stayed in Houston, but went to Miami with Andrew Landenberger, then Leandro picked it up from him.

Re: Still need Marstrom info - 02/07/09 05:53 PM

The Houston Yacht Club Marstrom flew across the parking lot, impacted a power pole, which busted in the port(?) side: sailed well with its white patch for long time. After that???
Posted By: Herbie53

Re: Still need Marstrom info - 02/08/09 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by dacarls
The Houston Yacht Club Marstrom flew across the parking lot, impacted a power pole, which busted in the port(?) side: sailed well with its white patch for long time. After that???

so what happened to the power pole?

we took some photos of my boat today - I'll forward as soon as I get them. Mostly shot the mystical over-rotator spaghetti.

Re: Still need Marstrom info - 02/08/09 01:43 AM

Thanks!
Posted By: mikekrantz

Re: Still need Marstrom info - 02/09/09 02:26 PM

Brett's boat sold this weekend, and was just delivered to it's new home in Georgia. We now have 3 A-cats at Lake Lanier Sailing Club...
Posted By: KenReid

Re: Still need Marstrom info - 02/09/09 10:19 PM

Hi Group,
Brett's old Marstrom is up here in Atlanta.
I had a great time at the Mid-winters where I was really welcomed. What a great group.
I received some nice coaching and advice-I need it.
I did finish my last race near other boats-small victories.
This was my first time on a A cat-what a hoot !
I would be happy to take some pics of the rigging next time it is together.
Regards
Ken
USA 140
Posted By: Tornado

Re: Still need Marstrom info - 02/10/09 12:30 AM

Yes, Marstom is a bit difficult to get hold of directly. It's better off going through a dealer. Carla Schiefer of Coconut Grove Sails & Canvas can import Marstrom stuff and she is an A-cat champion.

I got my Tornado mast from her. I'm sure she can set you straight on your rigging questions.

Re: Still need Marstrom info - 02/10/09 01:52 AM

Congrats Ken. Does it still have the spin kit? I always thought that would be a hoot! Ed
Posted By: Acat230

Re: Still need Marstrom info - 02/10/09 01:54 AM

Believe it or not, I always had the best luck faxing Marstrom when I had my Tornado. That might still work.
Posted By: Tornado

Re: Still need Marstrom info - 02/10/09 03:27 AM

I rhink ordering parts might work well via fax & email...but rigging questions will be more tenuous. They don't have a good rep for English service (see the Webshop part descriptions for example). Trying to describe your questions and understanding their replies will likely prove frustrating.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Still need Marstrom info - 02/18/09 04:43 PM

Hi Dave,

Did you get the info on the marstrom you needed? If not I took some pic at the Midwinters of John's marstrom and mine that I can send to you.

Mike

Re: Still need Marstrom info - 02/18/09 05:21 PM

I did get some stuff, and have had an interesting disussion with several Marstrom owners. All have been very helpful, but and pics you can send will be greatly appreciated. I love to see the Marstroms, but can say that I have only personally seen mine(except for the 20's)

Thanks!
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums