Catsailor.com

New Gel-tek vs New Marstrom

Posted By: The Boathouse

New Gel-tek vs New Marstrom - 02/01/10 09:36 PM

I'm getting ready to take the plunge and buy a new A-Cat. My decision seems to have boiled down to a Gel-Tek or Marstrom. All things being equal which is the better boat, design, construction, durability, speed, etc....Also what is the popular sail setup. Finally what do people do regarding transporting boats around, bunk trailers, roofs, enclosed trailers etc...Thanks Scott
Posted By: mikekrantz

Re: New Gel-tek vs New Marstrom - 02/23/10 03:35 PM

You can't go wrong with either platform. Both have proven themselves to be very fast.

Most a-cat trailers transport the boats by suspending them from the beams. I've got a trailex A-cat trailer that I really like.

Posted By: wildtsail

Re: New Gel-tek vs New Marstrom - 02/24/10 02:05 AM

So much so that you take it out to breakfast with you in the Keys smile
Posted By: GISCO

Re: New Gel-tek vs New Marstrom - 02/24/10 04:06 PM

If you are interested in a Gel-tek, I have one. email me at gisco@tampabay.rr.com
Posted By: fredsmith

Re: New Gel-tek vs New Marstrom - 02/24/10 11:11 PM

Okay Gord, what are you getting?
Set you a pm.

Fred
Posted By: mikekrantz

Re: New Gel-tek vs New Marstrom - 02/26/10 09:43 PM

Actually, that is the McDaddy Lennardized F18/A-cat doublestack with cheese trailer.
Posted By: ejpoulsen

Re: New Gel-tek vs New Marstrom - 03/02/10 06:03 AM

Here's how I transport my A2:

http://www.catsailor.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=158420&page=1

The 30 ft mast does stick out a bit, but no problems with many freeway miles.
Posted By: Lost in Translation

Re: New Gel-tek vs New Marstrom - 03/22/10 12:48 PM

Boathouse, from what I can tell the Marstrom is THE choice for those who are heavier (190/200 lbs plus would just be a guess). There is a great one for sail on the usaca.info site. Also a geltek there.
Posted By: windswept

Re: New Gel-tek vs New Marstrom - 03/27/10 01:53 AM

The DK17 is the boat for heavier souls.
Posted By: ACE11

Re: New Gel-tek vs New Marstrom - 03/27/10 04:58 AM

I'm 93kg and my Geltek is just fine. The Flyer 1's were a little bit more weight sensitive though.
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums