Catsailor.com

shark info needed

Posted By: addison

shark info needed - 09/10/12 06:26 PM

Hi all , I am trying to get some info on the shark , i have recently purchased one ( made in Essex ) fiberglass hulls with wood decking.I have found two sail areas listed on the internet for this boat 275 sq and 235 sq , would anyone know which it is? a crude calculation on my part has the sail area closer to 235 sq ( estimating for the roach ).Also i was wondering which is the best was to reduce sail in a strong blow ? currently there is only one set of reef points on one of the sets of sails it came with.Has any one tried sailing it under main alone with centerboards partially angled back ?
thanks
any info would be helpful
Posted By: david frank

Re: shark info needed - 01/18/13 05:25 AM

Sharks are mainly characterized with five to seven gill slits are shown on its head.
Sharks skin is protected as they are covered of dermal denticles.
There is need of very care while catching them on big sea.
Posted By: Dough Boy

Re: shark info needed - 06/27/13 07:08 PM

Hi, I also just purchased a Shark. The Sail number is US 576 and the Hull ID is MFG A3618 V74L. When I picked it up I didn't realize what I had purchased. Everything appears to be in good shape except the finish on the wood. I am also looking for more info about the Shark and it's history. I wouldn't mind getting another or a Phoenix which was also designed and built by the same people.
Posted By: Dough Boy

Re: shark info needed - 06/28/13 05:27 PM

Hi, I new to this site so I messed up on reply yesterday. I don't go by 6014. I am using Dough Boy. As for your sail size, Go to sailboatspecifications.com and look up Shark Catamaran. I have never played around with sailing but am now working on a Shark. Everything seems to be great except the hull is two different colors and the wood needs redone. I'm thinking a second one would be nice for comparison or a Phoenix. They were designed and built by the same people.
Posted By: rturbett

Re: shark info needed - 09/29/13 12:32 AM

shark info is on facebook. We sail with the 275 sq foot sail area.

phoenix never performed to expectations, but still looks nice
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums