Catsailor.com

Can You See Me Now?

Posted By: Damon Linkous

Can You See Me Now? - 03/17/17 05:26 PM

If you see this post you are on the new server.

On the home page at http://www.catsailor.com if you see the "You are in the right place" at the top then you are in the right place.

The site is now on a fresh new server, this required an IP change which means some of you are probably not reading this because you are seeing a cached version of the old server output.

If you do see this please post a reply so I know you are here.

I tried to keep everything looking as much as possible like the old version so the shock wouldn't be too bad. laugh

But the UBB forum software was on version 7.5.6p2 which required five version upgrades to get it to the most up to date and secure version.

https://www.ubbwiki.com/wiki/view/8/ubb-threads-changelog-index.html
Posted By: rehmbo

Re: Can You See Me Now? - 03/17/17 06:45 PM

I see ya!
Posted By: Mn3Again

Re: Can You See Me Now? - 03/17/17 07:01 PM

If you do see this please post a reply so I know you are here.

I can see
Posted By: Jake

Re: Can You See Me Now? - 03/17/17 09:59 PM

whew...change. I'm not sure I can handle this after so many years wink

Re: Can You See Me Now? - 03/17/17 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Jake

LOL, just a little for now. Way more to come later.
Posted By: Karl_Brogger

Re: Can You See Me Now? - 03/18/17 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Damon Linkous
Originally Posted by Jake

LOL, just a little for now. Way more to come later.

Mobile version?
Posted By: jeffo

Re: Can You See Me Now? - 03/18/17 02:50 PM

Yes Sir we can see you know ! Looks good !
Posted By: Dave W

Re: Can You See Me Now? - 03/18/17 11:03 PM

It's looking a lot better. Nice work Damon
Posted By: Timbo

Re: Can You See Me Now? - 03/19/17 06:14 PM

Looking good Damon. Thanks for doing all the work to keep Catsailor a viable place for information. I how we can recover all the cat racers who probably left in the past month or so and may not know you are resurrecting this site.
Posted By: mbounds

Re: Can You See Me Now? - 03/23/17 11:51 PM

Damon - you changed a setting or something that makes the forums very narrow on my screen. (Google Chrome, display is 1920x1080). The forums take up less than 1/3 of the screen - with lots of text wraps. What's up?

BTW, this particular screen is fine - the "New Reply" screen.

Also, is there a way to return to the forum index once you reach the bottom of a thread? I've been clicking on "Top", then "Forums" in the menu chain at the top.
Posted By: David Parker

Re: Can You See Me Now? - 03/24/17 03:11 PM

Matt,
Screen width issue seems intermittent. Sometimes bad, sometimes fine.

+1 on the returning to forum index page. To many years of hitting the Index button...

Karl,
Mobile screens are much improved. Screen wrap works fine on my small iPhone, both portrait and landscape.

Thanks Damon!

Did everyone PayPal him some money? You cheapskates, git 'er done!

Re: Can You See Me Now? - 03/26/17 03:24 AM

Yes, I'm struggling with the page width issues.

This newest version of the UBB forums is supposed to be responsive to make it work on mobile devices, but that really isn't possible with this old code because the whole thing is still using a table based structure instead of modern web standards for responsive sites.

I'll keep tweaking it but it's probably about as good as it's going to get, it does work better on phones and tablets than it used to but on wide desktop screens there are some odd issues.

I'll see what I can do about the bottom links, there is a link in the bottom menu with the blue background that takes you to the overall forum index. But do you mean back to the topic list for the forum you are on?
Posted By: Mike Fahle

Re: Can You See Me Now? - 04/01/17 04:17 AM

I can see you now, Damon. I like the way you have been fixing things up! I also use a 17" laptop and get only a narrow column but I trust that will be worked out eventually. You have probably spent my $100 donation by now but I could make an annual contribution to help keep this going in lieu of paying for the Catamaran Sailor magazine. (Hint, hint, readers)
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums