Catsailor.com

Blade vs Falcon

Posted By: TEH

Blade vs Falcon - 03/11/09 06:26 PM

I picked up my new Blade at Falcon Marine last week and my friend took a couple of pictures of a Blade and Falcon double stacked on a trailer. I thought the forum might be interested in seeing the two boats side by side. Matt indicated that he would continue building both boats.

I've not included a picture with a post before so I hope I get this right.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Wouter

Re: Blade vs Falcon - 03/11/09 06:46 PM

Try again please.

Wouter
Posted By: Robi

Re: Blade vs Falcon - 03/11/09 06:51 PM

You mean like this?
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Blade vs Falcon - 03/11/09 06:56 PM

No, I can't see your pictures either.

Wouter
Posted By: Robi

Re: Blade vs Falcon - 03/11/09 07:11 PM

Here ya go then.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_-bxEpGYHa...VhmLb7VWE/s1600/Blade%2Band%2BFalcon.JPG

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_-bxEpGYHa...89u2I/s1600/Blade%2Band%2BFalcon%2B2.JPG
Posted By: pgp

Re: Blade vs Falcon - 03/11/09 07:11 PM

Let's see if I can remember: You have to go the "posting form" and click [u]file manager[u] from post options; then up load the picture file into that screen (if you saved the picture on your computer you can use the browse function), click "add file" and "done adding files". I think.

Re: Blade vs Falcon - 03/11/09 08:35 PM

And remove the % characters from the links Robi provided.

Wouter
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Blade vs Falcon - 03/11/09 08:43 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Blade vs Falcon - 03/11/09 08:45 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Blade vs Falcon - 03/11/09 10:13 PM

works on my screen.
Posted By: Tony_F18

Re: Blade vs Falcon - 03/11/09 10:26 PM

Can ya see mine?
I though the bows of the Falcon where a bit "fuller" on the earlier pics I saw, nice looking cat though.

Re: Blade vs Falcon - 03/11/09 10:36 PM

no just mine, I thought your post was saying mine didn't work

Re: Blade vs Falcon - 03/11/09 10:51 PM

Are you guys able to see any of these pictures? I saw the ones Robi re-posted, but now all I get are the little white boxes with the x in them.
Posted By: Tony_F18

Re: Blade vs Falcon - 03/11/09 10:52 PM

Scarecrow: Cant see your pics, someone will have to resize them to 100KB and upload them with the File Manager (I would do it myself if it wasnt so late overhere).
Posted By: simonp

Re: Blade vs Falcon - 03/11/09 11:35 PM

Ok. My turn to give it a shot.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

looks good on the preview screen.
Posted By: Timbo

Re: Blade vs Falcon - 03/12/09 12:20 AM

I haven't been able to see any of the pictures all of you tried to post. But I did see the Falcon up close at Tradewinds. The top of the bow is fuller than the Blade.

Re: Blade vs Falcon - 03/12/09 12:21 AM

I resized and tried again

[img:left]http://www.catsailor.com/forums/ubb...fa8312005cdf884679e37fc5133665f8&f=6[/img]

Attached picture Blade and Falcon A.jpg

Re: Blade vs Falcon - 03/12/09 12:23 AM

And the second picture...

[img:left]http://www.catsailor.com/forums/ubb...fa8312005cdf884679e37fc5133665f8&f=6[/img]

Attached picture Blade and Falcon B.jpg
Posted By: Timbo

Re: Blade vs Falcon - 03/12/09 12:23 AM

There it is! Thanks!

Re: Blade vs Falcon - 03/12/09 12:28 AM

Well, now I know how to add a picture

I saw a couple of Vipers over the weekend as well, and the Falcon reminded me of the Viper, but the Viper still had more hull volume.

Re: Blade vs Falcon - 03/12/09 11:08 AM

Personally, and from what I can see in the pictures, I really like the Falcon F16.

The hull shape just sits right with me. I hope the freeboard was also increased a little bit as that would finish the ideal F16 design in my opinion.

Wouter

Re: Blade vs Falcon - 03/12/09 11:54 AM

The pictures aren't that great, but up close the freeboard does seem a bit more. The beams seem higher and less likely to catch chop. Matt also felt confident that despite the increased volume, he could build the boat down to the class minimum. The rounded gunwales add a nice look to the boat.

Re: Blade vs Falcon - 03/12/09 12:12 PM

I know from my own homebuild that an inch increase in freeboard or raised beams can make a big difference.

My mainbeam sits 25 mm higher on the hull and even with 160 kg on the Taipan it clears every wave; something the standard Taipan has more trouble doing.

I also really like the estatic look of the Falcon. It looks less pregnant then the Viper and F18's like the Infusion.

If is sails as it looks then I think I want one !

Wouter
Posted By: Rolf_Nilsen

Re: Blade vs Falcon - 03/12/09 12:23 PM

Why not build one smile
Posted By: Karl_Brogger

Re: Blade vs Falcon - 04/14/09 10:41 PM

Good looking boat Matt. If I were to pull the trigger on an F16, that would probably be the one.
Posted By: pgp

Re: Blade vs Falcon - 04/14/09 11:01 PM

You know you want one!

Standing offer, get yourself down here, use my boat.

But not this weekend! laugh
Posted By: Matt M

Re: Blade vs Falcon - 04/15/09 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Karl_Brogger
Good looking boat Matt. If I were to pull the trigger on an F16, that would probably be the one.

Karl,

We try and keep one boat here at the shop for demos and have been able to arrange for boats to race given some warning. It is a bit late to try and arrange something for this weekend, but the there are couple of more events comming down here that will get a group pf the F16's together. Our fleets regatta June 5-7 will be a good one.

We finaly fixed the name issue we had with the boat and now can call it the Falcon. The new web site www.falconmarinellc.com I am writting new text and gathering photos and information to fill it out, as it still has many references to the old VW information, but it should be more up to date within the next week.

We have 1 heading up to Chicago area here next week, and Mike Brindisi at Select Sail in Omaha is working on scheduling to get some more up in the mid-west.

I would like to get back up there to some of the N Iowa and MN races here one of these days. I really miss the Bald Eagle events, as they used to put on some of the best parties.

Matt
Posted By: Karl_Brogger

Re: Blade vs Falcon - 04/15/09 11:03 PM

I'll get a hold of Mike sometime in the future and see if he's got a demo for me to try out. I'm not real serious but I'm sure I could make a trip down to Omaha for a ride some weekend.

You're originally from Omaha area right? June 11th-12th is the Bald Eagle regatta this year. Hobie only though.
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums