Catsailor.com

Uni rigging ideas?

Posted By: Timbo

Uni rigging ideas? - 04/13/09 02:30 PM

Anyone figure out a good way to run your downhaul and mast rotator lines so you can reach them while out on the wire when sailing Uni?

When the wind is puffy I like to be able to make adjustments while staying out on the wire upwind, but to reach these control lines on the hull, I have to come in, or at least sit up half way and bend my knees in, which is exactly what you -don't- want to do when a puff comes on.

I have tried extending the lines with shock cord to my trap line, but I usually end up tangled up when I come in to tack.
Posted By: tback

Re: Uni rigging ideas? - 04/13/09 03:33 PM

When uni, do you have both trapeze (skipper/crew) rigged? Perphas trying to tie off to the crew trap so you can reach over for that. Probably would be out of your way on tacks.
Posted By: scooby_simon

Re: Uni rigging ideas? - 04/13/09 04:27 PM

Timbo,

I run them to the shroud, round a block or shackle and then back under the tramp - easier on the Stealth as we have open laced sides.

Simple job of reaching into the shroud and grabbing the appropiate one!
Posted By: jody

Re: Uni rigging ideas? - 04/13/09 05:20 PM

i have my downhaul going to a block attached to the stay, where a line with a sister clip goes to and runs back to the front beam and is tightened in there with a bungee. Have to lean in for a second to grab and pull but keeps it from getting caught all over when trying to move to the other side or out on the trap.
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums