Catsailor.com

Viper wins Coup de Coeur Award

Posted By: HJS

Viper wins Coup de Coeur Award - 12/09/09 08:52 PM

The Viper has just been awarded the Coup de Coeur Award at the 2009 Paris boat show.

Anyone got anymore information regarding this award? ie What type of Categories do they have? Who awards it?... etc etc
Posted By: taipanfc

Re: Viper wins Coup de Coeur Award - 12/10/09 01:19 AM

Well the Topper won the 2008 award, so the Viper is in good company. But believe it is the best dinghy award, but the Euros probably have better local info than me compared to a quick google search.

http://www.kiteboarder.com.au/News/...igious-Coup-de-Coeur-Awards_2204834.aspx

Is this award like the Sailing World magazine award for boat of the year? The kiss of death? Or it is actually meaning something to people.
Posted By: Dazz

Re: Viper wins Coup de Coeur Award - 12/10/09 04:12 AM

I know it was the kiss of death when it was given to the taipan 4.9.

Re: Viper wins Coup de Coeur Award - 12/10/09 05:58 AM

When did the Taipan 4.9 get it? I didn't realise the Taipan 4.9 was ever at the Paris Boat show>
Posted By: Dazz

Re: Viper wins Coup de Coeur Award - 12/10/09 07:10 AM

http://www.sailingworld.com/sailboats/boat-reviews/taipan-49-200013.html

the sail world prize... just as bad!
Posted By: Stewart

Re: Viper wins Coup de Coeur Award - 12/10/09 08:34 AM

well congratulations to AHCP.
Hope it helps them sell more boats.......

Posted By: Wouter

Re: Viper wins Coup de Coeur Award - 12/10/09 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Dazz
I know it was the kiss of death when it was given to the taipan 4.9.

Well, I don't know about that. The Taipan did at the same time spawn the F16 class which is keeping many of the Taipan qualities available to sailors the world over.

Note how the Taipan that was tested has a spinnaker addition ?

I truly believe the Taipan has had another lease on life by virtue of such awards and the F16 class. It sure helped the basic concept of the Taipan to go international and we still see them at F16 events.

It may be true that this award didn't established the Taipan 4.9 as an international OD class but I'm not at all sure that that would have happened anyway, even without this award.

Wouter
Posted By: Wouter

Re: Viper wins Coup de Coeur Award - 12/10/09 10:25 AM

With respect to the Coup de Coeur Award won by the Viper F16.

Excellent ! We'll done by AHPC and all other who were involved !

Congratulations and on to the creation of the F16 class in France !

Wouter

Re: Viper wins Coup de Coeur Award - 12/10/09 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by HJS
The Viper has just been awarded the Coup de Coeur Award at the 2009 Paris boat show.

Anyone got anymore information regarding this award? ie What type of Categories do they have? Who awards it?... etc etc

Let's not turn this into a fiasco discussion on the benefits of an award like this...... Does anyone know the answer to my original question???????
Posted By: pepin

Re: Viper wins Coup de Coeur Award - 12/10/09 11:16 AM

"Coup de coeur" means "love at first sight". Apparently given by the Nautic organization but I have no idea if there are any categories.

Ask Francis, he is the French AHPC distributor, he was probably there and can tell you more.
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums