Catsailor.com

Is this forum biased

Posted By: waynemarlow

Is this forum biased - 06/06/10 12:05 PM

In a quick trawl through the most recent active threads which again have been quite " vocal " and seemingly everyone getting further entrenched in their opinions, I thought I would have alook and see actually how many active F16 sailors are participating in the threads.

Sorts of sums it all up really 13 owners of F16s versus 24 non owners. It would be interesting to do a proper stats and also put in the locallity as well.
Posted By: Timbo

Re: Is this forum biased - 06/06/10 01:12 PM

1. F16 owner, sailor (as often as possilbe, still nursing cut on leg from last weekend's KPRR regatta! Matt/Gina, any pictures up yet?)

Location; Central Florida, USA.

Oh, and I'm taking the kids out later today, using all 3 boats (4 kids); Hobie 14, Blade (2 up) and Prindle 2 up.
Posted By: Wouter

Re: Is this forum biased - 06/06/10 02:15 PM

2. F16 owner, back in the saddle as class volunteer/promotor after 2 years absence. Have written EU F16 owners to get them all together this season with possibly a clinic and some promotion activities. I'm coordinating this with the other promotors like Gill, Darren/Carolijn and soon also Hans.

Boat Location : Zandvoort, The Netherlands but currently away for some small repairs (I dropped my mast and broke the mast base plate).

Wouter
Posted By: taipanfc

Re: Is this forum biased - 06/06/10 02:35 PM

This has been done before

Re: Is this forum biased - 06/06/10 07:03 PM

Not quite what I was getting at. There are more people active on this thread ( nearly 2:1 ) that have no real knowledge of F16's, than current owners, I thought this was the F16 Forum for F16 sailors.

Perhaps Pete may have a point, it maybe nearing the time to use the official class site more for discussion on the workings and design of the boats than this site which seems to constantly become side tracked with old well discussed issues.
Posted By: pgp

Re: Is this forum biased - 06/06/10 07:04 PM

+1
Posted By: Robi

Re: Is this forum biased - 06/06/10 07:45 PM

You guys can be like the short bussed kids. The wanna be cool at all cost kids at school. You know the one that was constantly picked on and cried in the corner to the teacher.

Get over selves. The F16 is not a freaking God gift to the sailing world. Just sail the boat and quit arguing with other classes or even feeding the trolls.

Sailing is sailing. F16, F18 blah blah F20 its the same sh1t different name. The only difference is the f16 has the choice of sailing one up or two up with the same number and its weight.

You guys really do more damage with these threads than the technical discussions about sailing that usually goes on around this forum.

Its too bad and looks terrible for the class.

Re: Is this forum biased - 06/06/10 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Robi

You guys really do more damage with these threads than the technical discussions about sailing that usually goes on around this forum.

Bit of PMT this morning Robi, your outburst and your little diatribe is exactly my point, as much as we want meaningful discussion it always comes back to the same thread hijack by those not really wanting to be part of the cool club.
Posted By: Robi

Re: Is this forum biased - 06/06/10 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by waynemarlow
Originally Posted by Robi

Bit of PMT this morning Robi, your outburst and your little diatribe is exactly my point, as much as we want meaningful discussion it always comes back to the same thread hijack by those not really wanting to be part of the cool club.
Wayne dont talk out of your butt. I was part of this club. I actually set up the very first class website along with Wouter. I purchased the first production built F16 in the US. Its a class I hold dearly and closely. I have good friends that we have had plenty of drunken stupor nights together. Its the same idiots that keep bringing the class down and its all done on the retardnets.

Just sail more often and all the dust will settle.

Re: Is this forum biased - 06/06/10 10:12 PM

Robi, I do know who you are and I do know of your origins in the F16 club. But you came in all " hammer and tongs and butch like " and deserved the PMT comment.

Can I ask a question, how did you mis-interpret from my comments " as much as we want meaningful discussion it always comes back to the same thread hijack by those not really wanting to be part of the cool club." that it was specifically aimed at you. Just curious smile
Posted By: Wouter

Re: Is this forum biased - 06/08/10 04:23 PM

I guess we are all a little bit on edge here lately.

Wouter
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums