Catsailor.com

tradewinds

Posted By: pgp

tradewinds - 12/17/10 02:47 PM

And so it begins! laugh

Nigel Pitt is registered on his F16 named "F-18 Eater".

Popcorn anyone?
Posted By: Timbo

Re: tradewinds - 12/17/10 07:59 PM

Cute name. So I guess we'll have Nigel ask Ding if we can start with the F18's? ;^)

Is his daughter crewing for him?

Hey, were is everyone staying? Any good (ok, maybe not too good, but cheap) motels in the area?

Re: tradewinds - 12/17/10 08:58 PM

A bunch of us stayed across from the Islander last year. Ping Gina, I think she knows the name of the place, I've forgotten.

Cheap but acceptable, just a place to lay your head.

Re: tradewinds - 12/17/10 09:10 PM

That's all I need.

Re: tradewinds - 12/17/10 10:28 PM

It's right across the street from the Islander, not far from Mangrove Mike's (for breakfast)and on the way to Founder's Park.
Posted By: PTP

Re: tradewinds - 12/17/10 10:29 PM

I got a 2 room "suite" with a total of 3 beds at the tavenier. Didn't seem so bad when I stayed there 5 years ago. wow.. long time. gonna have a least one bed open.
Posted By: Karl_Brogger

Re: tradewinds - 12/17/10 10:45 PM

I'm staying in a house with the Red Gear Racing crowd. I think it is full up.

I can not ****ing wait to get outta here!
Sub-zero temps, snow comin' outta everywhere. I just dug the the boat out of a snowbank today and took it down to the cabinet shop so it can thaw out. My super-duper double stack racks should be done middle/end of next week. I gotta figure out how to get a Viper, Capricorn, and Infusion onto the trailer.... Then hopefully in a week and a half I'm on the road. Still got a few odds and ends at work to wrap up, can't leave until those are done.

Re: tradewinds - 12/18/10 12:00 AM

laugh The only place I've ever stayed where the house phone was cell in the lobby!

Re: tradewinds - 12/20/10 06:29 PM

I can't believe I'm the only Florida F16 registered.

Re: tradewinds - 12/21/10 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by pgp

A serious disappointment.

Re: tradewinds - 12/21/10 01:16 AM

Well, maybe if I could find a link, I'd register...

How about a link instead of a boot in the nutz?
Posted By: tback

Re: tradewinds - 12/21/10 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by Timbo
Well, maybe if I could find a link, I'd register...

How about a link instead of a boot in the nutz?

Not to tough:
Tradewinds Registration Link
Posted By: PTP

Re: tradewinds - 12/21/10 05:46 AM

what do you guys normally wear for this?

Re: tradewinds - 12/21/10 12:25 PM

That depends on if a cold front comes through, one time it was in the 40's and blowing 25, in other years it's been in the high 80's with no wind, so you need to check out the forecast and dress accordingly.

I think the average temps for mid Jan. are about 75/65.

Here's a Link:

http://www.weather.com/outlook/health/fitness/wxclimatology/daily/USFL0225?climoMonth=1

Re: tradewinds - 12/21/10 01:18 PM

Just bring everything gear wise. When the locals are putting on wetsuits, all you'll need is skin. If they're putting on drysuits, you might want that spray top.

Re: tradewinds - 12/21/10 01:40 PM

Yeah, even if it's only 45, Karl will think it's July Warm!

Hey Karl, how about that Vikes game outdoors last night? That looked cold! What are the MSP papers saying this morning? Is Brett done, forever?

Re: tradewinds - 12/21/10 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by pgp

My apologizes. Chris Stater registered ahead of me.

Re: tradewinds - 12/21/10 11:45 PM

Hey Karl, how about that Vikes game outdoors last night? That looked cold! What are the MSP papers saying this morning? Is Brett done, forever?

I don't know, I don't follow college basketball.....

As far as cold, I don't know why anyone would complain, it was 25F yesterday. Compared to last week when it was -25F. It's a big difference. If I had to work outside, and it was that warm I'd be down to a sweatshirt in no time.

Re: tradewinds - 12/26/10 12:47 PM

Hey Karl, if it will make you feel any better, it's going to get cold down here tonight, supposed to get down to 29 and tomorrow night down to 25!! In FLORIDA!! It's blowing 20-30 today.

Yesterday was sweet, 71 and blowing 15-20. I took the Prindle out for a sail with my 14yr. old daughter, double trapped, it was great, but last night the front came through and now it's cccCOLD!

Look out all you guys up in MD and the North East, it's coming your way today!

Mike, did you get any snow up in TN yesterday?
Posted By: mikeborden

Re: tradewinds - 12/27/10 01:57 PM

We got a little snow, more like a dusting.

It's been cold here also, lower 30's for the highs and mid 20's for the lows with some wind. brrrrrr...

I do think east TN got a lot more snow than we did.

Re: tradewinds - 12/27/10 02:47 PM

When is the Global Warming going to kick in? I need it to be about 85 every day, all winter, that's why I moved here! I want my money back!
Posted By: waterbug_wpb

Re: tradewinds - 12/27/10 09:26 PM

imagine what they're thinking right now in Frostproof, FL Timbo

I'll bet they want their money back too! smile

Can't recall who posted it, but someone attributed water vapor as the biggest contributor to climate (it does have the highest thermal capacity of any of the constitutents of our atmosphere). More heat in summer = more water vapor = more snow in winter... It sounds somewhat rational, given the environment tries to reach equilibrium...

Re: tradewinds - 01/06/11 12:20 AM

So, who's coming that isn't signed up yet? Seems we're missing a lot of people.

Re: tradewinds - 01/06/11 02:45 PM

Where are you now Karl? Did you make it to Key Largo yet? I'll be rolling in around 5pm on Thursday.

Re: tradewinds - 01/06/11 02:58 PM

I know I'm not. smile

Re: tradewinds - 01/06/11 04:05 PM

Not what?

You coming down Mike?

Re: tradewinds - 01/06/11 07:38 PM

Where are you now Karl? Did you make it to Key Largo yet? I'll be rolling in around 5pm on Thursday.

I'm rolling down I75 through alligator alley at the moment. Gotta stop in Miami and grabs couple more boats.

Re: tradewinds - 01/06/11 07:40 PM

Where are you going to put a couple more boats?? I thought you already had a 3 stack? Or is that where the other two are?

Re: tradewinds - 01/06/11 08:19 PM

Robbie's trailer. I'm full up at three.

Re: tradewinds - 01/07/11 01:10 PM

Well you got out of MSP just in time! This morning I saw on the news it was 11 degrees up there! Even though it's "cool" in Key Largo today (70?) it's a long way from 11...

At least you won't see any Ice Ice in FL...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImgW44sOnFY

Re: tradewinds - 01/07/11 02:23 PM

Not coming. smile

Re: tradewinds - 01/07/11 10:20 PM

Well you got out of MSP just in time! This morning I saw on the news it was 11 degrees up there! Even though it's "cool" in Key Largo today (70?) it's a long way from 11...

It was 1 degree when I left. I'm a total pussy when it comes to cold, I'm still wearing a sweatshirt even though its 70 out.

We'll be at Founders Park tomorrow some time.

Re: tradewinds - 01/07/11 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by mikeborden
Not coming. smile

Next year dude! Put it on your calendar. We'll get the Chicago and Maryland guys down here as well.

Heck, if we can convince Karl to buy an 18 wheeler that could be his winter business, hauling F16s out of the snow belt!

Attached picture pb.JPG

Re: tradewinds - 01/09/11 09:29 PM

How about just renting a big Ryder truck, especially for us Floridians going up to MD for the next NA's? I figure if we get one big enough, we could stack up maybe 8 boats without haveing to take them apart, put the masts on top?

AND...as an added bonus, we could use the truck to sleep in after we take the boats out!

Re: tradewinds - 01/09/11 09:35 PM

And here's the latest forcast for Tradewinds wx:

http://www.weather.com/weather/extended/USFL0243
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums